AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

UnableToOpenBlob

Hi,

I’m just testing out Draft. I’m not very familiar with python so I’m just trying out some basic scripts:

[b]import Draft
myImg = Draft.Image.ReadFromFile( r’F:\users\david\deadline_test\deadline_tests.00001.jpg’ )

save the image for later use

img.WriteToFile( ‘blank image.jpg’ )[/b]

Here’s the error message that I’m getting with the log:

[*]2015-02-06 13:13:03: 0: STDOUT: File “F:\draft_test.py”, line 3, in
2015-02-06 13:13:03: 0: STDOUT: myImg = Draft.Image.ReadFromFile( r’F:\users\david\deadline_test\deadline_tests.00001.jpg’ )
2015-02-06 13:13:03: 0: STDOUT: RuntimeError: src\file_io\magick_file_io.cpp@344.frantic_image::file_io::magick_file_io::read_file - Magick: UnableToOpenBlob `F:\users\david\deadline_test\deadline_tests.00001.jpg’: No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2643
2015-02-06 13:13:04: 0: INFO: Process exit code: 1

The file path is correct so I’m confused that to why Draft is unable to locate the file.

Any help is much appreciated.

This is the message we get when the file can’t be found. I see that you’re running the script via Deadline, although the path is hard-coded… is the slave that it ran on one that has access to the F: drive? Is it Windows as well? Are there any sneaky typos in the directory or filename?

If you use one of the supplied sample scripts, such as YourRepository\draft\Samples\Resize\resize_image_640x480_fit_width.py, is it able to find that file? If that script can’t find that file when you’ve selected the input using the submission dialog, could you attach that image here, or e-mail it to support, so we can see if there’s something odd with that image?

Note that the first sets of cookbook examples are really pared down, so if you want to get input from Deadline, you’ll want to have a look at those cookbook examples, plus the Deadline Draft submission documentation as well: http://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/7.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/app-draft.html

Cheers,
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for replying.

I made a mistake - it was .jpeg not .jpg!

So I’ve tried using the resize_image_640x480_fit_width.py script and I’m getting a different error message. As I said before I’m not very familiar with scripting, so I’m trying to learn as I go along but if you could help me understand what the problem is I’d be really grateful.

Here are the error messages:

2015-02-16 12:05:25: 0: STDOUT: outFolder=F:\users\david\deadline_test
2015-02-16 12:05:25: 0: STDOUT: outFile=F:\users\david\deadline_test" inFile=F:\users\david\deadline_test\deadline_tests.#####.jpeg deadlineRepository=Z:\pipeline\deadline7 taskStartFrame=1 taskEndFrame=5
2015-02-16 12:05:25: 0: STDOUT: params = ParseCommandLine( expectedTypes, sys.argv ) # params now contains a dictionary of the parameters initialized to values from the command line arguments.
2015-02-16 12:05:25: 0: STDOUT: File “C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline7\slave\lexpc09\Draft\DraftParamParser.py”, line 197, in ParseCommandLine
2015-02-16 12:05:25: 0: STDOUT: return ParseParams( expected, params )
2015-02-16 12:05:25: 0: STDOUT: File “C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline7\slave\lexpc09\Draft\DraftParamParser.py”, line 120, in ParseParams
2015-02-16 12:05:25: 0: STDOUT: raise StandardError( “ERROR: Expected parameter ‘%s’ was not found.” % key )
2015-02-16 12:05:25: 0: STDOUT: StandardError: ERROR: Expected parameter ‘inFile’ was not found.
2015-02-16 12:05:26: 0: INFO: Process exit code: 1

Many thanks

David

Yup, that missing ‘e’ would do it, and is one of those sneaky ones to catch!

It looks like your current problem is because your input file ends with a ‘’. Try removing that trailing ‘’ and see if the problem resolves. (The trailing ‘’ causes the close quote to be treated as part of the input, and not the end of the string.) I believe Jon has an updated Draft submission script that fixes this problem, I’ll check with him tomorrow. (It’s a statutory holiday today here in Manitoba.)

Cheers,
Andrea

Hey David,

This is indeed an issue that I’ve fixed in Deadline 7.1. I’ve attached the updated plugin below. To apply this to your farm, simply replace the Draft plugin script located at “plugins/Draft/Draft.py” in your Deadline Repository with the attached version. Make sure to backup the old one in case this one somehow makes things worse!

Cheers,
Jon
Draft.zip (2.86 KB)

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences