AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

UNC paths & Windows Deadline

I’m getting our deadline submission pipeline set up. I have the submission working, but i keep getting errors where deadline can’t find files on our server (non-unc path):

Warning: file: C:/Users/RenderUser/AppData/Local/Temp/tmpDAB1.tmp line 42: Could not open file. : Z:/Projects/VFX/render/16BTH_2020_Arena/assets/Prop/wings2/mdl/publish/008.000/high/prop_wings2_mdl.mb

This is a referenced file in my maya file.

It seems that when i change Z:/ to: r’\cmpa-w-fs04.film.fsu.edu\TestShare’ Deadline can pick up the path properly.

Is this a thing where i have to write a script that goes through every path in a maya file and switches the drive mapping to UNC mapping before submitting to the farm? That seems odd to me. Is there some global setting somewhere that we have to change that will allow deadline to just autoreplace the drive mapping with UNC mapping?

Would love any advice/direction.

Hey Tom,

From the sounds of things you might be interested in path mapping!

It’s perfectly suited for what you’re looking to do. If you’re using Maya, be aware that we can’t do path mapping in referenced scenes if the job is being run with MayaCmd. Only MayaBatch can do that.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences