AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Unexpected exception (Monitored managed process "3dsmaxProcess" has exited or been terminated

@KenC hi, not yet, but we exchanged a few messages

1 Like

@Marcin_Miodek thank you

@Marcin_Miodek any word from Autodesk yet?

Sorry, nothing specific yet.

@Marcin_Miodek thanks

@Marcin_Miodek are you communicating through a thread on autodesk?

I am communicating with both Autodesk and Deadline teams by email, but we donā€™t have any specific findings yet.

@Marcin_Miodek thank you

@Marcin_Miodek any news yet?

@KenC I am sorry, but nothing at all so far.

@Marcin_Miodek @Justin_B anything yet? What has been discussed with Autodesk and what are they responding with? I donā€™t like hounding you guys but my boss is on my a$$ about this as we need to upgrade to 2024

Hi @KenC , I have provided exact reproduction steps and sample files to our Deadline and Autodesk contacts on 13.03 via a single message. I have not received any response so far.

@Marcin_Miodek I received your forwrded email with Autodesk/Corona/AWS. I thank you for chasing this down. There is another user that reported the same problem on my corona thread. James Vella

@Justin_B I received an email from you on May 13 and replied May 15 but for some reason it bounced back just now. I will grab my response and paste here

@Justin_B here is the email response I sent

Hi Justin

I received an email from Karpreet and here is the thread of exchanges

Hello Ken,

Just wanted to check if you back and had a chance to test Boboā€™s texture baking workflow?

Regards
Karpreet

Hi Karpreet

Yes I am back and just looked at this thread from Bobo. Thereā€™s a large time gap between the last and second last reply, almost 3 years. So youā€™re telling me in the 3 years it hasnā€™t been fixed?

Also I do not use the submission interface. Everything I do is through max script and in this case I maxscript the SMTD settings. I can not have human intervention it has to be all by script.

Thanks
Ken

Hello!

I can understand the frustration around this as it has been too long this hasnā€™t got attraction. We didnā€™t receive many requests for this feature in 3ds Max, so it didnā€™t make the priority list for Deadline.

We have cut a dev issue on this engineering and they will be handling this internally. Look forward to Deadline release notes for future bug fixtures and feature releases: (Release History ā€” Deadline 10.3.2.1 documentation)

Regards
Karpreet

We need to take MAX 2024 to production and so far this is the only issue we are encountering that prevents us from doing so.

Thanks
Ken

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences