AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Unreal MRQ - Render node editor startup : blank scene

:white_check_mark: I understand that Deadline requires to open the full UE editor in order to perform the MQR render.

:white_check_mark: UE project settings tell the editor which scene(map/level) to open as a default. We have this set to our main scene so its immediatly avaible for users.

:white_check_mark: I also beleive(?) that the scene that UE editor opens has no relevance to the scene being rendered by the MRQ .

I want to ensure that the editor opens on an empty level whenit is opened by Deadline to perform a render. This will quicken editor spin-up.

So - my question is : In Deadline/Unreal - what controls the scene(map/level) that the editor opens onto? SHould it be being set, or does just use the project defaults?

If it’s not being set, any suggestions how to set it (without changing the project default)

thanks!

From what I can tell we’re using the project’s defaults, though I don’t have any suggestions on how to set it to load an empty level without touching the project defaults.

hmmm… just found this : Start editor in specific map through command line argument

Just send it as second parameter. UE4 Documentation

Template:
%UE4ExeEditorPath% %UProjectFilePath% %MapPath%

Example:
“C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.27/Engine/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor.exe” “C:/MyProjects/MyAwesomeProject.uproject”
/Game/Maps/MyAwesomeLevel

I will give that a try - when priorities permit!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences