AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

V-Ray Standalone & AWS - Parsing embedded vrscene files

Hi all, this has been an ongoing discussion in a bunch of other threads, but wanted to revisit/centralize it here.

For those unaware, as of right now (10.0.17.7), if a file (in our case SKP file) has an embedded vrscene file in it as a proxy, that embedded vrscene is not parsed and the required assets and info is not sent up to AWS. We’re told this is a limitation coming from CG - although, I’ve been testing out the newest release of vray cloud and they have successfully implemented embedded vrscene parsing into their service.

One question I had is I didn’t know if the .18.1 release addressed this judging by the release notes:

Anyways, just wanted to be a squeaky wheel - I know this is a very hard thing to implement, but for us and our proxy libraries (which are MOSTLY vrscene files now because SKP has a weird relationship with vrmesh files), its quite important.

Thanks!

Making a new thread might actually cloud the issue a little bit here because I can’t easily track the history… I couldn’t find the old thread though so it may be lost?

One thing that’s notable when I was digging into the developer issues on the subject is that it seems there are RemapPath and RemapPathFile arguments in later versions of V-Ray Standalone. I wonder if we could use those with a little hacking. It’s what we’ve needed for awhile, but we haven’t had the time to investigate their use.

Hey all, I know this is a bit old, but I didn’t want to create another thread and create even more confusion. I just wanted to check in on this again and see if there is some potential hope - I’m testing out vray next for sketchup now (they just released the beta), and vray cloud is entering into a wider beta - that is to say, chaos group has some stuff on the horizon, but for dozens of reasons, a workable AWS solution would be best for these embedded vrscene files - unfortunately, we just can’t use it until that feature works though. thanks!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences