AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Velocity Display

So many questions…

I followed along the tutorial, creating Stoke from FumeFX but I got kind of stuck right in the beginning. I have a FumeFX sim that is connected to a Stoke object (exported Smoke, Temperature and Velocity), I simulated the stoke particles, but when I change the Display type to velocity display, I cannot see anything (maybe because Stoke cannot find any velocity information). Any ideas what I should be checking?

EDIT:

Found some particles, but there are just veeery few of them and the position seems strange. Any issues known with that kind of technique?

When drawing lines, both PRT Loader and Stoke will show nothing when the velocity is zero (this is logged as a wishlist item, we should be drawing a dot in those cases).

If you are drawing as large dots, you should see all particles. If the particles are not moving, then something is wrong with the FumeFX Velocities. If you select the FumeFX and enable Velocity display, do you see large enough lines being drawn?

Post the scene (as Max 2013 or earlier format, I don’t have 2014 installed yet) if you want me to take a look at your setup.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences