AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Videos created by Draft & uploaded with Ftrack using the Pipeline tools not playable in web Ftrack web interface

My goal is to use Draft to encode image sequences from a completed render job that then the Ftrack integration in Deadline via “Production Management” would uploaded and submit as a version to the appropriate task / asset for review. That all works except that the H.264 MOV file Draft generates and uploads is not playable in Ftracks web interface making it useless with Review. I posted this issue to the Ftrack forums and it sounds like there is something that needs to be done at the moment of upload to get the Ftrack system to re-encode the file to their playback format. So that would put it in Thinkbox’s court I guess.

Considering that what I’m trying to do here seems to be the exact intent of using Draft and Ftrack together I assume it should work without too much monkeying around. I must be missing something.

Any help getting this to work would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Did they say what needed to be done specifically to get playback to work? Is a specific format required? Can you link the forum post that you mentioned?

What does it look like it the Ftrack interface once uploaded? Are there any errors?

Regards,

Charles

Hey Charles,

Here’s the thread I have running with the Ftrack folks.

Dear Thinkbox,

please fix this as this was one reason for us to spend much money to upgrade to deadline 10 and to be able to submit draft jobs that are automatically uploaded to ftrack.

Currently it is broken, the version/asset is created but no video is uploaded and encoded.

I am sure for your developers this is a matter of minutes to fix this!

Thanks
Andreas

Hey Andreas!

Sorry for the delay on this one. It seems a that the underlying problem was that the API version needed to be updated. I’d sign up for Deadline update emails if you can.

Regards,

Edwin

Hi Edwin,

this shouldn´t be a big deal for your developers, can i expect a fix soon ?

Thanks
Andy

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences