AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Viewport vs Picture Viewer render differences

I am evaluating KrakatoaC4D and am trying to understand what would cause a significant difference between the appearance of a render in the Viewport vs. the Picture Viewer. See imgur.com/9j0ckOm
Left side is what I see in the Viewport, right is how it renders in Picture Viewer.

Uncheck the icon “Display the Color Profile in the Picture Viewer” and the image should match the default look of the viewport.
Hope this helps.

Thank you.

uumm, sorry, where can we find that checkbox?

thank you very much.
fuat

Hello all,

I’m actually having the same problem, didn’t touch Krakatoa for a while, so maybe I am doing something very stupid.
Left is the render from the viewport and right from the picture viewer, show color profile is off.

Thanks for helping.

Kind regards, Robert

Hi Robert,

If you are rendering in Force Additive mode, keep in mind the output resolution will also affect the final output. You should ALWAYS use the Picture Viewer at the final output resolution to judge your Krakatoa output. The C4D viewport obviously lacks some of the Picture Viewer’s features, but it is also locked to the resolution of the viewport. For both additive and volumetric rendering, you MUST render at the same pixel resolution to produce the same output. This is because particles are drawn as pixel-sized points (or several pixels depending on the Filter mode), and increasing/decreasing resolution will cause the relationship between the pixel, the space it represents, and the density a particle brings to this space to change. Typically, increasing the resolution will require more particles to be created, and if you increase the number of particles, you will need to decrease the per-particle Density using the Lighting/Final Pass Density global controls to compensate…

This is especially true for Additive rendering where each particle literally ADDS its RBG value multiplied by its Density to the pixel’s current value. If you add more pixels to the output image’s resolution, each pixel will probably get only a fraction of the color value it used to receive at the lower resolution, and the accumulation of colors will be lower per pixel, producing less hot spots.

I suspect this might be what you are seeing in your example, but I could be wrong.

Hi Bobo,

Yes I discovered the relationship with the resolution already but was in the dark why it would happen this way.
Now with your detailed explanation it make complete sence to me.

So thank you for your answer.
Kind regards, Robert

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences