AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

(VPN?) Job issues. - 7.1.0.27 R

I know it’s an older version by now, but figured to mention it anyway as I didn’t see these things with the bugfixes

First a question:
My filename formatting is as followed:
I input this inside 3dsmax:

name_.tif

which normally results in

name_0001.tif

since the 7.1 update i get the following

name_.0000.tif

is there a new option I should have spotted to disable this that is on by default?

Besides this I had some weird results with the monitor.

I submit jobs via VPN and one job is somehow partially suspended even though the frames themselves have “queued” as status.
I can suspend and resume all I want but it doesn’t continue the job.

Besides this my slaves are all in “unknown” state. and restarting the monitor/pulse doesn’t make a difference.
I do see job updates and frame updates, just not slave updates

see attached images

This thread should help with your file naming issue:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12916&hilit=period

For that partially suspended job, it sounds like the job’s internal state was corrupted. Unfortunately, the only solution would be to delete the original and resubmit.

For the slaves issue, it sounds like there might be a version mismatch. Are the slaves and your Monitor all on 7.1.0.27?

Cheers,
Ryan

aah, didn’t check the regular forum. good to know about the period introduction (…)
In the end I resubmitted the queued/suspended tasks as a new job and that one worked like it should.
How can this be prevented from happening? or was it just an odd case that shouldn’t happen to often?)

all monitors, slaves and repositories etc are updated to the same version 3 days ago.
Just checked it to be sure

Yeah, it’s a rare thing that can happen. It can happen if the connection to the DB is severed while in the process of changing the task states for a job.

Thanks for checking that. Do all Monitors have this problem? Or is it specific to your machine?

nope, it’s only on 1 work station at the moment.

I thought I noticed it last night too on the machine that runs the license server (i think)
Then it didn’t show all slaves but only half orso
but I’m not 100% certain… so perhaps it’s only on the workstation.

Hmm… that’s weird that it would affect one workstation and not the others. Can you maybe try running the Deadline Client installer on this workstation again to see if a reinstall helps?

i will do so after the renders (atm. it’s crunching time) and let you know

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences