AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Vray Standalone + Texture Path Mapping Issue

Hello,

I’ve been trying to figure this out for ages, but I’m confused about something I’m sure: My users use mostly Rhino for their work (It’s a studio at university), and to submit tileable jobs for Vray, they have to submit them for standalone, as the plugin for rhino does not support tiling.

So I have them organize their directory structures as follows:

Rhino_File.3dm
Exported_Vrscene_For_Deadline.vrscene
–>Textures
–>-->tex1.png
–>-->tex2.png

They keep all of their textures in a ‘textures’ folder next to their rhino file, and export a .vrscene standalone. Because our network is a bit strange (for reasons), they then copy the .vrscene file and the textures folder to the machine with the repository, which they put in a folder with their username there. Then they go through the whole process of submitting the vray standalone job from the monitor on their local machine, pathing to the .vrscene on the machine with the repository, and saving the render to a ‘render’ folder also on the repository machine.

The issue arises that their textures are always pathed to locations on their computers, and no combination of path mapping in the repository settings (unless I’m doing it wrong), will allow deadline to find the textures in the folder next to the .vrscene file.

Any ideas?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences