AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Vray track mouse bug?

Hi,

I’m running -
Windows 7 Pro
3dsmax 2014 SP5
7.2.1.2 R (bd2cab050)
Vray 3.20.02

I am having an issue where I submit a job with track mouse and region render on, and the sanity check pulls up on the track mouse. I right click on the item to fix, and sent to render, and the render region gets moved off thousands of pixels, and so renders black.

Not sure if its Deadline or Vray, but it started happening recently, and I’ve not got the newest Vray, only the latest 7.2 RC so I think its a Deadline issue.

I’m not sure how else I can describe the issue, and how to replicate it! The issue seems to only happen if I open a scene with track mouse and region already on, and submit without a local render. If I render locally first, checking the region setup, then submit it seems to work.

I’m not sure why the track mouse is a fatal error, I can see why if you were rendering with progressive its a big issue, but not so much with Adaptive or fixed etc. Could the sanity script detect what AA you using?

Thanks,
Mark

Hmmm…I’m still not able to reproduce this issue.

Could you maybe submit the job twice to Deadline, using your prescribed method to (a) make it work and (b) make it fail. Then with both jobs, right-click each one, “modify job properties” -> and export (save) out the the Job/Plugin Info files (name them accordingly as ‘works’ and ‘broken’ or something similar) and send them over to us? We can then compare the scene/vray settings and see if anything stands out, which is causing this render region shift.

I’m out of the office this week, however, I thought there was an edge case, where leaving the Mouse Track on, caused a render exception during network rendering. I’ll have to do some tests/try and find the edge case note. Question. Does it render fine under all circumstances for you, if it’s left enabled and submitted to Deadline? [I’m wondering is newer versions of VRay now have this fixed]. If all is well in more recent versions of VRay, we can probably lower the severity of the sanity check to just a warning.

Sanity Check is pure MAXScript, so any VRay setting if it’s queryable in MAXScript, can therefore be hooked up to a sanity check that you can write an place in your studio’s “Private_” sanity check maxscript file, if you need a custom check for AA.

It being a Vray issue has crossed my mind, and I’ll have to wait till the new 3.3 comes out in December to try unfortunately. But it all started with a deadline update so not 100% its Vray.

We’ve never had any issue with leaving track mouse on, so could I simply REM out the line in the sanitycheck_General doc and try?

Mark

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences