AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Wait till VideoEncoder is finished

Hi!

In one of my draft scripts, I’m encoding a quicktime using the VideoEncoder class and I need to wait until this quicktime is finished/finalized, because I need to do some things with it afterwards.

Is there a way to wait for the encoder to really finish? Because, it seems to me that the FinalizeEncoding() method doesn’t block until the movie is actually finished, but returns immediatly…

Cheers,
SebastianH

Interesting, I would not have expected that… what test are you running to determine this is the case? (Or, what error message are you getting?) Are you encoding to a local file, or over the network? (I’m looking at the code, but nothing is jumping out as to what might be causing what you’re seeing.)

Hey,

The quicktime seemed to be broken, and the ‘All done’ - messages from the encoder appeared later in the log files than the code that should’ve handled the quicktime, so I assumed the quicktime wasn’t done after the Finalize()

I’ve tracked the issue down today to a completly unrelated cause, so it was just the message order in the logfiles which pointed me in the wrong direction as to the cause of the error I was getting.

Cheers,
SebastianH

I’m glad you figured it out.

There are various things that can affect the order that messages appear in the logs (for example, stderr isn’t buffered, but stdout is), and that can indeed make debugging tricky.

Cheers,
Andrea

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences