AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Warning: This command does not support "RunCommandForRepository"

Hello. Looking for some help regarding deadlinecommand.exe submission.

Setup:
Windows 11
Deadline Version : v10.3.2.1 Release (1a66fe40f) => default installation of MongoDB handled by Deadline installer.

Worker and Repository are running the same machine. Client machine is my laptop. Machines are using a Direct Connection and both have visibility to one another on the network.

During submission in both prompt mode and manual submission out of prompt mode, I get this warning -

What would cause this warning? I’m able to make a connection from client to repository. I’m able to ping MongoDB from from client via standalone python tests.

I’m able to submit jobs still (with the exception of Houdini PDG work_item jobs). However this warning keeps on popping up.

Additional context:
This post is apart of a larger troubleshooting effort in Houdini PDG for individual work_item submission. I’m currently working with SideFX support on this, but I’m getting the impression this very well may be a Deadline issue.

This “RunCommandForRepository” warning seems to be perplexing as commands are indeed being ran for that repository still? Any input or sanity check recommendations would be welcome.

Thank you.

A quick add to the above -
When submitting through Houdini / PDG, I am getting the below Deadline error -

I’ve tried to modify the Hostname value in the connection.ini to various combinations of the IP/Hostname without any change in this behavior. Please advise! Thank you.

Just bumping this thread before I reach out to support directly! Below is the pasted error code I’m getting out of Houdini using Deadline Scheduler (with redacted IP and Hostname). Happy to run any suggested troubleshoot or provide additional details! Thank you.

Error 
Deadline SubmitJob error: Error: Could not connect to any of the specified Mongo DB servers defined in the "Hostname" parameter of the "settings\connection.ini" file in the root of the Repository. 

The following errors were encountered: 

* <IPv4 Address>: The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized. 
* <Hostname>: An invalid argument was supplied. (FranticX.Database.DatabaseConnectionException)

Hi Clayton, have you figured it out? I’ve run into the same problem…

Yeah I did!

Firstly, IT had to open up some ports on our internal network.

From there, the ports had to be set on the DeadlinesSchedular -
Parms below under ‘Message Queue’ Tab. Both parms had to be enabled as well via the toggle next to them:
taskcallbackport
mqrelayport

After setting ports (assuming your environment requires you to open up specific ones for this as mine did), I had to toggle on “Inherit Local Environment” for both the Task Environment and Deadline Command Environment (deadline_inheritlocalenv & deadline_cmdinheritlocalenv) and under “Job Parms” tab as for some reason the environment wasn’t right.

After those that, I was able to get things working as expected. Hope that helped you some.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences