AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

webservice, repo paths

Our webservice is running on linux, so the rest api is returning the repo paths like so:

api.Repository.GetRootDirectory() = ‘/mnt/isila/deadline/repository6’

even when queried on windows… Are there any overrides one can use to define the OS?

No, there isn’t. This command simply returns the root that Pulse is using to connect to the repository, and Pulse isn’t even aware of how other machines would connect to the same repo. There also isn’t a guarantee that the path that Pulse is using would be the same for other machines running the same OS.

If Deadline is installed on the machine running the script, you could run “deadlinecommand.exe -root” to get the repository path for the local machine.

Cheers,
Ryan

I understand why this happens, but it makes the REST api work in an undesirable way. In python i would expect the values to depend on the local machine, not a remote server that as a developer i might not even be aware of.

We are trying to minimize usage of the deadlinecommand.exe and use a python api exclusively for speed / extensibility reasons.
Something like shipping python.net with deadline as a standalone lib exposing the deadline core to regular python would be nice.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences