AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

When trying to install repository or mongo

Hello guys,

I’ve been trying for some time but I just can’t install it.
Everytime I try, I’ve got this error

I need Deadline Worker to try to use it for 3D renders. Thanks a lot guys!

It looks like there’s something in the text being used to create the database certificate.

Usually errors like 'latin-1' codec can't encode characters in position 18-19 mean there’s a character being used that Python (that’s the backing programming language we’re getting an error from here) can’t handle.

The path you’re installing the database to, and the certificate name are both called out in the error and they look good. I’ve got to assume it’s the password - could you try a different password to see if you get different results?

You’re a genius! Thanks a lot. I was using special characters that I guess weren’t recognized maybe ?
I hope the rest will be easier to install.
Have a nice day!

Hello again!
New problem if you’ve got the time ; that’s what I get when I try to make the RCS

I don’t understand which username he means. I tried changing the admin username, I tried going without master key, changing the user/group running the RCS but it still doesnt work
seems like I won’t be able to follow one video without having a problem :sweat_smile:

edit: I tried uninstalling mongo, repository and trying again… and still same error, im sure Im using the right username though

When you’re running the installer are you choosing the ‘install launcher as a service’ option?

That error only gets thrown for usernames for the operating system - maybe your isn’t correct? If you run echo %username% in a command prompt, is that the username you’re using?

Thanks a lot for your answer!
I was wondering if there’s things that I have to allow in the firewall? Like maybe a list with everything I need ? I kept getting weird errors that seemed like firewall errors. I uninstalled everything and I will try again soon.

An example of an error I got even though I activated the port in my firewall.

I’ve got a few more problems that I hope will get resolved when I install everything once again, I’d like to know if I can still post here if it doesn’t.
Thanks a lot!

That does look like a firewall issue, check out Connection Issues: Connection Timed Out - Firewall Issues for fixes.

The list of needed ports is on this page.

Sorry for the late reply!
I kinda gave up because all these problems were frustrating. I’ll probably try again later next week.

Thanks for your help! I’ll make another post if I got some problems.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences