AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

When will H18.5 will be supported out of the box with Deadline installer?

I just installed the latest 10.12.xx and I noticed that H18.5 is STILL NOT available out of the box ? Any ETA on that ?

Thank you,

Tanguy

Usually there is a pop up box when you’re writing a post with suggested content relevant to your post.

I did a search for 18.5 in the forum search box and it looks like there is a temp fix here

I’m being optimistic in hoping that all the features requested in this thread are being worked on, for now the quick fix in the thread may help. If not then this is probably the best thread to add in your requested feature

Personally I blame SideFX for releasing so many features, hopefully when 19 is released it’ll just be a new poly bevel tool :wink:

yes I know and I am using it but it is quite time consuming and what, H18.5 is mainstream now. Should be out of the bat working with 18.5 :smiley:
happy new year !

It’ll be in 10.1.13 when we get that out the door.

2 Likes

looking forward to the next 10.1 release!

Is there an ETA, even if it’s just a wild guess but this is really needed.
It’s now almost 4,5 months ago that 18.5 came out.

1 Like

Hello!

18.5 is supported as of Deadline 10.1.13.1. :smiley:

Hello, we have just updated our Deadline to 10.1.14.4 and I am still not seeing H18 or H18.5 in the houdini plugin configuration. Should I see them here?

I’d roll back as 10.1.14.x was pulled

Alternatively, do you have a custom plugin for Houdini which maybe overriding the latest one?

…\DeadlineRepository10\custom\plugins\Houdini

If you do then Deadline will look at this instead of the latest install

If you want to continue with 10.1.14.x then you should be able to grab the custom plugin posted in the other houdini 18.5 thread, then put that in the custom location mentioned above

personally I think you’re better off rolling back

Thanks for the answer! So any file in the custom folder overrides the default ones?

I got it to work now, it was a custom thing to make deadline report progress on redshift jobs.

What do you mean by the way with 10.1.14.x being pulled?

-Jasper

I mean it got removed, there were too many errors with it, if you go to the downloads there is only 10.1.13.2, the release notes have been removed also

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences