One of our worker nodes suddenly started to display this error on startup.
It has been working fine before, running Windows 10 Pro, and all other nodes still works great.
Can’t seem to figure out what may cause this problem.
I have checked that the node has access to the repository and the certificate.
I have reinstalled the client multiple times.
This is the errormessage I am getting:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "UI/Forms/MainWindowSlaveStartup.py", line 183, in Startup
File "UI/Forms/MainWindowSlaveStartup.py", line 243, in ConnectToRepository
System.Exception: Key not valid for use in specified state.
at Deadline.Controllers.RemoteDataController..ctor(RepositoryConnectionSettings settings)
at Deadline.Applications.DeadlineApplicationManager.CreateDataController(RepositoryConnectionSettings connSettings)
at Deadline.Applications.DeadlineApplicationManager.Connect(RepositoryConnectionSettings connSettings, Boolean updateScriptManager)
at Deadline.Slaves.SlaveManager.Connect(RepositoryConnectionSettings connectionSettings, Boolean updateScriptManager)
at Deadline.Applications.DeadlineApplicationManager.Connect(Boolean updateScriptManager)
Thanks for reaching out. This issue has been reported before.
What version of Deadline is this? If it is below 10.1.21.x please upgrade to the latest because the fix was released in that version.
If you cannot upgrade please follow below for the manual workaround:
- Rename and replace the attached
C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline10\bin\python3\UI\DeadlineMonitor\Forms\MainWindow.py (Py3) and
C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline10\bin\UI\DeadlineMonitor\Forms\MainWindow.py (Py2)
- Backup the MainWindow.pyc elsewhere, removing it from the DeadlineMonitor\Forms\ directory.
- Restart the Deadline Monitor
- If there is any issue, remove the MainWindow.py file and restore the MainWindow.pyc file
MainWindow.zip (27.9 KB)
MainWindow.tar (194 KB)
Thank you for getting back to me.
I downloaded and unzipped the MainWindow.zip, and replaced the MainWindows.pyc in the above mentioned folders, restarted the worker and launcher but still get the same error. It does however complain about the MainWindowSlaveStartup.py, not the MainWindow. Is there a replacement for the MainWindowSlaveStartup.py file aswell?
Edit: We are running version 10.2.1.0
Bumping this. Issue is not resolved. Have completly reinstalled Deadline Client, cleaned out all Appdata for Thinkbox et.c. No change.
Attatching screenshot of error.
I need some more information to troubleshoot this issue:
- What version of Deadline is this you having this issue right now? If it is 10.2.1.0 please try upgrading
- Share the Worker logs from the application logs stored locally on the machine in question here: Logs — Deadline 10.3.0.10 documentation
- Is the Secrets Management functionality enabled? To check start a Deadline Monitor> Tools> Do you see Identity Management here?
- If the secrets management is enable, does this Worker has a client role assigned? Here’s how: Getting Started With Deadline Secrets Management — Deadline 10.3.0.10 documentation
- Does this Worker connect via the RCS or directly? (installing cert is a bit of shot in the dark) if it connects via the RCS install the RCS cert into Windows cert store: Double click Deadline10RemoteClient.pfx> current user> go with defaults on “File to import” UI> On private key protect UI check the box “Mark this key as exportable…”
Then continue with the defaults.
Try again. If the Worker is connected directly with the DB copy Deadline10Client.pfx to the Worker machine, install it the same way and retry.
I have come across the similar issue and wanted to add to my response. Try renaming the
C:\Users\<User running the Worker/Launcher>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto directory to something like Crypto_backup and re launch the Worker. See if it works. If it does not, rollback the rename.