AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Xmesh 3ds max 2024 support

Will there be a xmesh update to support 3ds max 2024 and if yes, when about will it be available?

Is it somehow possible to use the 2023 version with 2024?

Thank you in advance!
Jan

Hello @jan_schwerdtfeger

I have made a feature request to add support for Xmesh for 3ds Max 2024. I cannot tell an ETA on when that will happen.

I am not sure if it will work but you can follow below to add the support for it manually. Apparently the plugins need to be recompiled for Max 2024 so the following instructions may not work.

If the there are no plugin compatibility issues then follow instruction might work on adding unofficial support.

You should be able to manually add the paths to the plugins by editing the plugin.ini files. If you already have 3dsMax 2024, you can copy from its plugin.ini file. If not, you can add yourself. Do not forget to set the Permissions of the plugin.ini file to allow writing.

By default, the paths would be something like this:

[Directories]

Xmesh Loader MX=C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\XMeshLoader MX\3dsMax2020\x64\ XMeshSaver MX=C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\XMeshSaver MX\3dsMax2020\x64

If you don’t have a folder in your installation paths, you will have to download and install the latest builds of Xmesh etc. before you can do that.

Ok, I try it out. Thank you very much for your reply!

Kind regards, Jan

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences