AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Xmesh Loader maxscript access

I am looking to write a simple script that would allow me to select a group of Xmesh loaders, and change the viewport display type en masse. Is there a way to access this? I tried “showInterface XMeshLoaderUtils” but it didn’t list this property.

I am still working on that tool which will do that, but for now what you need to look for is show $. This will show the properties of the XMesh Loader if one is selected:

show $ .showIcon : boolean .iconSize : worldUnits .meshScale : float .keepMeshInMemory : boolean .writeVelocityMapChannel : boolean .velocityMapChannel : integer .renderSequence : filename .proxySequence : filename .autogenProxyPath : boolean .loadSingleFrame : boolean .frameOffset : integer .limitToRange : boolean .rangeFirstFrame : integer .rangeLastFrame : integer .enablePlaybackGraph : boolean .playbackGraphTime : float .beforeRangeBehavior : integer .afterRangeBehavior : integer .loadMode : integer .enableViewportMesh : boolean .renderSequenceID : integer .viewportSequenceID : integer .displayMode : integer .displayPercent : float .useFileLengthUnit : boolean .lengthUnit : integer .ignoreMissingViewportSequenceOnRenderNode : integer

Then you can write a script that sets a property in all XMesh Loaders in the scene.
For example,

theLoaders = getClassInstances XMeshLoader --get all loader baseobjects theLoaders.displayMode = 2 --set the display of all XMesh Loaders to Verts
or shorter

(getClassInstances XMeshLoader).displayMode = 2

Thanks Bobo!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences