AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Xmesh Obj Export

Hi

I need to export some animation for an Ipad app and we are supplying the developers with obj sequences. Is it possible to export the obj sequence with the vertex normals?. It seems that when you do it through xmesh saver the obj dosen’t include this. I also noticed that xmesh dosen’t create mtl files when you do an obj sequence is it unnecessary these days?

Thanks

We added an option to save vertex normals in XMesh 1.1.7.

Normal saving is off by default. To turn enable it, open the XMesh Saver dialog, and open the “Save Channels” rollout. By default, the Normal channel will appear in the “Do Not Save These Channels” column. You can double-click “Normal” to move it to the “Save These Channels” column.

Currently we save only texture coordinates and normals in our obj files. We don’t save material assignments or any other material information. Do you need material information in your case?

yes if course, forgot about the channels.Thanks for that . I am not sure about the material information we probably won’t need it. will post here if I need help with that.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences