AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Xmeshing an Xmesh object

Hello,

I tried to raise a ticket for this issue but I think it didn’t get through anyway.

So basically I have a set of 13 xmeshed particle tubes. That I have retimed with the graph tool. All is working well up to this point. Then I would like to make one Xmesh object out of the 13 because I have to have 23 of these sets in the scene. Making the 13 into one xmesh is fine and it plays back properly. However when I retime the combined xmesh, I get this flickering on some of the tubes. I have tried upping the sample upto 10 and still no good. The loading mode is set to frame velocity offset but I have tried other modes and same issues.

Thank you for your report! We will look into this.

(We did receive your ticket, however, we disabled automatic replies from our ticket system because it was used for spam.)

I think i have the same issue. We have Xmeshed a model, and when we try to retime it using the new retime tool in the curve editor the xmesh starts flickering.
Seem like we need to retime before xmeshing, and that’s a bit unfortunate, especial if you want to retime simulations like cloth or hair, xmesh would have bin perfect if it wasn’t for the flickering :slight_smile:

What kind of model are you trying to re-time?

Would it be possible for you to please send us a copy of the scene files that are causing problems? You can send us files using our ticket system. You may need to ZIP the files to get them through.

In this case we xmeshed a hair farm 2 model,(a brush) after it was simulated.
I’ll see if i can clean up the scene and send you a simple one with the problem.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences