AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Xmeshing thinking particles and visibility problems

Hello, I have 2 problems, when i want to xmesh tp, with volumebreaked chunks which have different material ids on edges, the material ids are not recorded (maybe it is problem of tp). So i tryed to do workaround when i exported tp to the geometry and then i xmesh it, and i have second problems, when something break in tps and it is exported, it has animated visibility, so from one frame to another the object dissapear and it is replaced by breaked chunks which has also animated visibility. But Xmesh dont respect animated visibility, so when i cache it all chunks are visible from frame 0

Thank a lot, if something can be implemented to help of this issue.

I’m not quite sure about the material ID issue. Does TP allow material IDs to be assigned per-edge?

For the animated visibility object parameter. Are you referring to the visibility spinner in the object properties? We could support that parameter in XMesh. However, this would be trouble if you exporting multiple meshes to a single XMesh file. Is that what you would be doing?

Yes, in volumebreaker node, you can specify if the breaked edges can have specific material id number. But it looks like it only works when i export it from tp with export node, because when i set in tps to show groups as objects i can assign edit poly on the chunks but i cant select specific material id, so maybe it is tp problem. But if it can be done thru xmesh it will be perfect because for example time remaping with xmesh is best for tp.

And also you are right i mean the visibility spinner, and I wanted to save it in to the single mesh (i have maybe 5000 object so loading it separatly can be time consuming). If you can implement it somehow it will be realy perfect. Thanks a lot

I don’t see why it would be a problem. Just check if any of the multiple objects has visibility below 1.0 and don’t include in the final TriMesh if it does. XMesh already allows the saving of empty meshes (that is an option and is on by default). We just have to add a check for visibility.

Now that I think about it, the Visibility support could be implemented by the XMesh Saver SCRIPTED UI instead of the XMesh Saver plugin! Which puts it on my plate :wink:
I will try to do this in the coming days, but please keep in mind I am on vacation in Europe, so it might take some time…

Bobo realy thanks a lot!! :slight_smile:

I got it working in workstation mode for both multiple objects in world space and individual objects in ws and object space modes.
Now I just have to copy the code into the Deadline script and will post the update :slight_smile:

Here is a first prototype of the modified script.
Please note that I have tested only the workstation implementation. I added the Deadline code, but I have not tested it yet.

Please back up your original files, typically found under C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\XMeshSaver\MX\Scripts
Then unzip the provided update into the same folder (must have Administrator rights to save in that folder).
Restart 3ds Max.
In the XMesh Saver > Advanced Settings, there is a new drop-down list which controls what to do with Visibility.
It is sticky between sessions via INI file.
Default setting is “Save Anyway” - this ignores the Visibility just like before.
Second setting is “Save If Positive” - when the Visibility is below 1 but above 0, the object will still be considered visible. Only 0 or less will make the object save empty.
Third setting is “Do Not Save” - when visibility is below 1, the object will be skipped and no mesh will be saved for it.

Please remember this is Work In Progress and might be buggy.
Please report any problems here.

Cheers,
Bobo
XMeshSaver_Scripts_20120910.zip (36.1 KB)

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences