AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

3dsmax 2020 support

Sorry about that! The link is updated.

Could we get update for Deadline first?

I don’t understand why support for all 2020 plugins has to go out at the same time.
I assume there is no big change on Lighting plugin and just matter of recompiling. Correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

No official support in 10.0.26.0
https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/release-notes.html

Are there any known issues with the update above? Or is it just adding in the number 2020?

I mean… seriously guys? Deadline maintenance implies we get timely updates for at least one of the top 2 products for deadline.

The only plugins we’re waiting on are xMesh and Deadline… there’s something of a common denominator there.

4 Likes

Weekly Bumpiddity Bump.

Service Pack 1 is now out for 3ds Max 2020. Maybe we should start tying our maintenance payment day and date to the Deadline Max 202# release schedule? Would that help prioritize development?

Hey everyone,

We’re still working on getting Corona and V-Ray DR offload working but we didn’t want to hold this back any longer. I’m attaching the compiled binaries for Max 2020, the submitter updates, and plugin changes required to get most people rendering.

Instructions on how to deploy the files is written in the zip file itself but I’ll watch over the thread here in case there are any issues so we can handle those quickly.

Thanks,

Edwin

3DS Max 2020.zip (8.8 MB)

1 Like

Thanks, Edwin,

Look like it’s working (at least for rendering, i will test MXS job latter in the day)

Edit : MXS tasks work perfectly….

Access denied, can you please upload it again ? Thx

Yep, access denied here as well.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkoK9zh_NzKflskbPboWtjX43vgkkw

2 Likes

Hmm. I set this to expire after 365 days. I’ll re-post here with a 90 day expiry and see what went wrong with the link.

Update: Okay, link above has been refreshed. Investigating now…

<Error>

<Code>AccessDenied</Code>

<Message>

Query-string authentication requires the Signature, Expires and AWSAccessKeyId parameters

</Message>

<RequestId>4EB1146AAB4FE4B7</RequestId>

<HostId>

dkycfvDWk4Is4ytpznAb9kvnW81VO6NWPcseQkSG1cirz9gBYjDe686gfvW1onz2VmCAwAY9D9A=

</HostId>

</Error>

Should MaxStartup be in \maxStartup and not also copied to plugins\3dsmax? It looks like that’s the previous location for those files.

maxStartup lives in the root of the Repo. The contents used to be in the plugin itself but we made some file copying changes so that only a subset of the DLX files would be copied over (don’t copy Max 2019 files when you’re only rendering with 2020).

I’ll have to see if I can manually tweak that expiry time somehow.

Update: I’ve given up with the other file upload operation and forced it via the forums.

Is there an ETA on the DBR working for Max 2020?

Just in case you missed it:

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/release-notes.html#deadline-release

Application Plugin Improvements

3ds Max

• Added 3ds Max 2020 support for the V-Ray and Corona distributed rendering workflows.
1 Like

Hi, Just installed 10.0.28.2 for 3dsmax 2020 support, and get the attached error.

Any ideas, cant use it currently.

Edit - I restarted and tested with a scene with only a sphere, and it worked (didnt save the file) But opening a test scene has the same error.

Mark

It appears that there is an object in the scene using a $scene_path token that we are not handling correctly. I suspect it is a Phoenix FD object.

I will look into adding an error trap for that.

In the mean time you should be able to replace the symbolic path with an actual UNC or mapped path, as these $symbolic names are not supported in Deadline (the output would go to a location relative to where the MAX file is, and you would lose your simulation data, or won’t be able to load it if it was simulated locally).

Thanks Bobo, yes indeed that is the case. I’ll test now with the sim location set correctly, but that should do it!

Edit - its works! Thx again. Might I suggest a sanity check for PhoenixFD and whether the input/output folders are set?

That is a good idea!

First I have to add an error trap in that function so it does not fail on invalid paths like that.
Then we can also add a Sanity Check to warn the user about non-specific paths in Phoenix objects…

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences