AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Cannot connect to Deadline Repository

So this morning after rebooting my machine, all of a sudden I cannot connect to my repository because “the target machine actively refused it.”

Well I turned the firewall off ( i think windows update turned it back on ) double checked that the port was still open, and still no joy.

So I decided to do a fresh install of client and repository, mongo DB and all.

Now when I launch Deadline I get this error, using the exact same repository location I had before, which is just C:\DeadlineRepository10

The specified repository path () is not a rooted path but a relative one.

I would really appreciate any help with this issue.

Thanks!

We’d want to see what the contents are of “C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\deadline.ini” here. The main line is going to be the one starting with “NetworkRoot=” as that’s what the Monitor is trying to load.

For the original error, we’ve been collecting various cases over here:

Problem solved with Edwin’s help on phone support. So I have no idea why, but during installation, the deadline.ini file in the c:\program data folder was being set to read only , and because of this, could not write the critical line “NetworkRoot=C:\DeadlineRepository10”
Once I was able to write this line in the file everything works as normal.

Thanks, Edwin!

Found this thread after going through something similar; the Slave crashed while rendering and after that it stopped connecting to the repository and was giving the same error.
In my case I had to do something else. The path was set correctly on the "“NetworkRoot=” but the database was configured to use a SSL certificate which path wasn’t set (gone after the crash maybe?). Manually setting the certificate path solved the issue.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences