AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Could not connect to any of the specified Mongo DB servers

Hi Guys,

I am having an issue with deadline not connecting to the Mongo DB server with the following message.

Could not connect to any of the specified Mongo DB servers The following errors were encountered:

• No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
  • No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Not sure how to resolve this. Eventually after a few restarts I can get it to connect again. Does anybody know what is causing this? Usually it occurs half way through rendering, which is annoying as nightly renders are failing.

Many Thanks,

C

Well, it’s either a firewall or Mongo not running.

If rebooting is helping, my guess is that the volume the database is hosting its data on is full or getting there. Usually I see it crash when it tries to allocate more space.

I’d check the database log for this one.

Hi thanks for this info. I think you’re right in that it is full. How would I go about emptying this?

Just rebooted the machine and I am now receiving the following message.

• MongoServer.Create has already created 100 servers which is the maximum number of servers allowed.
  • MongoServer.Create has already created 100 servers which is the maximum number of servers allowed.

I am currently searching the docs trying to figure out how to correct this. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

C

For the drive being out of space, that’s really up to you. A quick cleanup can be done in the log folder and on Windows you can enable folder compression. You can run a repair as well which will compact the files. In general though, just make sure you keep the available space high enough.

• If you need to migrate to a new machine, docs are here
  • If you want to try a repair to compact the files (which will eventually grow again) docs are here

I’ve seen that “100 servers” error when the SSL settings aren’t in sync. For example, you may have SSL enabled for MongoDB and not on the clients connecting inbound. Did you enable SSL on MongoDB?

Yeah it’s definitely not the local drive as there is tons of space left.

So I am gussying it must be something else.

No I didn’t enable SSL but we had an IT technician set up our system. I am wondering if something hasn’t been set up correctly from the get go. Although it’s only over the last 2 weeks daily problem’s have occurred.

Is there some kind of interface for mongo? If so how do I view it?

Currently I can’t even access the deadline monitor.

Thanks,

C

Should have mentioned also our firewall is disabled, on this machine.

MongoDB is a third party tool we bundle with Deadline, so any public docs for it are relevant here.

We don’t ship any UI with it, but tools exist. I’ll let you Google around for those.

The data files are stored along side the logs, so check how much space there is there but if it looks fine we should focus on this “created 100 servers” issue. I need to move on to some other work here in a bit, can you give me a call here at +1-866-419-0283 ext 804 and we’ll try and figure it out?

Hi,

I am just about to leave for the day. I am assuming you’re in the States?

Could we schedule a call in tomorrow at 10 am?

Many thanks,

C

Central Canada. Feel free to send an e-mail to support@thinkboxsoftware.com and we’ll schedule something.

Okay great thank you very much!

C

As Edwin mentioned this error could be happening due to SSL/TLS related issues. The clients are creating a bunch of connections and failing to validate which creates this error. Take a look in DeadlineRepository10\settings\connection.ini and check what these values are set to. Make sure Authenticate is not set to True with EnableSSL set to False.

EnableSSL=True
Authenticate=True

Make sure your clients can access the db cert. Right click the Launcher > Change Repository. Here you can find and confirm the cert path.

Hi Charles,

We are still experiencing out of memory errors however I am monitoring the resources and appears as though only between 10-20% of system memory is being used. Any thoughts as to why we are receiving this issue?

Thanks,

C

Is it possible this is a false message and there is actually something else throwing up this error?

Hello!

If I remember correctly the problem was your render node and DB were on the same machine. The db would crash due to running out of memory, at that point your clients would not be able to connect until the db was started again. There wouldn’t necessarily be a consistent use of memory causing the issue. Most likely a peak in usage during render time which consumes the resources. If you are seeing something else please let me know.

Regards,

Charles

Firewall was disabled + I enabled all required ports beforehand. This didnt solve the issue.

same problem with both client and server on the same machine, not sure but I think I couldn’t connect to the MongoDB server so I reinstalled Deadline repo. Now it works again.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences