AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Cinema 4D R23 Redshift issue

I have cinema r23 working with deadline and everything renders fine as long as I dont use redshift, which I have a license for through the redshift3d site. Is there something I need to setup for Deadline to see my license for Redshift?

below is what shows up in my worker log anytime I try to render with redshift.

STDOUT: Rendering Phase: Setup
2021-01-27 16:30:37: 0: STDOUT: Progress: 0%
2021-01-27 16:30:37: 0: STDOUT: Asset Error: Plugin Shader Redshift Shader Graph (RS Material)
2021-01-27 16:30:37: 0: Done executing plugin command of type ā€˜Render Taskā€™
2021-01-27 16:30:37: 0: Executing plugin command of type ā€˜End Jobā€™
2021-01-27 16:30:37: 0: Done executing plugin command of type ā€˜End Jobā€™
2021-01-27 16:30:41: Scheduler Thread - Render Thread 0 threw a major error:
2021-01-27 16:30:41:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
2021-01-27 16:30:41: Exception Details
2021-01-27 16:30:41: RenderPluginException ā€“ FailRenderException : Rendering failed: Asset
missing
2021-01-27 16:30:41: at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.FailRender(String message)
(Python.Runtime.PythonException)

I donā€™t see any signs of licensing errors. I see that Redshift is complaining about missing shader assetsā€¦

Anything prefixed with STDOUT: is coming from the rendering application and Deadline Worker is just the messenger. In your case, it says

STDOUT: Asset Error: Plugin Shader Redshift Shader Graph (RS Material)

which triggers the RenderPluginException in Deadline

RenderPluginException ā€“ FailRenderException : Rendering failed: Asset missing

I would focus on figuring out why thatā€™s happeningā€¦

interesting, thanks for your quick reply. Ill look into that.

I searched for that error, and it appears that it is a sign that the Plugin has not been loaded properly?

The above thread is from a much older version of C4D, but the issue is similar.
So the ā€œmissing shaderā€ issue might be just a side effect of the Redshift plugin not being loaded when the application is running in batch rendering mode.

Check out the thread and see if anything sounds familiarā€¦

Whats interesting is when I strip everything out of the scene, including the materials it renders fine with redshift. Add a material into the scene, dont change anything about the material, send to deadline, and boom, nothing works again. I am using Redshift v3.0.36 and everything works fine in C4D r23 before submitting to deadline.
Iā€™ll browse that thread, but it seems like a very strange issue.

I think my solution for the time being is to just not use deadline. It would be realy nice to be able to utilize but problems like this make it unacceptable.

@Brody_Davis did you follow the steps to workaround this CLR bug?

4 Likes

Holy shit my dude, its working now. what a stupid bug. thank you very much.

3 Likes

Wich slaves are u using for C4DR23 + Redshift? canā€™t find them in the image builder.

https://support.maxon.net/kb/faq.php?id=115
Page doesnā€™t exist anymore

Wayback machine has it here
https://web.archive.org/web/20210118161658/https://support.maxon.net/kb/faq.php?id=115

Unfortunately we have a bug in R23 Commandline Render (CLR) finding the default plugin folder.

To fix this, you can do the following:

1. Please manually set the plugins folder path in GUI Cinema 4d on the same machine (see the screenshot below) Edit > Preferences > Plugins > Search Paths

1. Open the preferences folder (by clicking on the button at the bottom left), copy the plugins.json

2. Navigate one folder up, then go into the ā€œsibling folderā€, so the almost same name as the R23 prefs, but with _x suffix ā€“ itā€™s the prefs of the CLR instance. CLR must have started at least once before in order to have created the folder. Paste the plugins.json there.

C:\Users\render\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\Maxon Cinema 4D R23_DBA5903C\plugins.json

C:\Users\render\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\Maxon Cinema 4D R23_DBA5903C_x\plugins.json

For some strange reason this has just started happening, despite having a linked folder to a central plugin install. it works fine in GUI mode, also have the env var set via g_additionalModulePath

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences