AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Cinema 4D R23 Redshift issue

I have cinema r23 working with deadline and everything renders fine as long as I dont use redshift, which I have a license for through the redshift3d site. Is there something I need to setup for Deadline to see my license for Redshift?

below is what shows up in my worker log anytime I try to render with redshift.

STDOUT: Rendering Phase: Setup
2021-01-27 16:30:37: 0: STDOUT: Progress: 0%
2021-01-27 16:30:37: 0: STDOUT: Asset Error: Plugin Shader Redshift Shader Graph (RS Material)
2021-01-27 16:30:37: 0: Done executing plugin command of type ‘Render Task’
2021-01-27 16:30:37: 0: Executing plugin command of type ‘End Job’
2021-01-27 16:30:37: 0: Done executing plugin command of type ‘End Job’
2021-01-27 16:30:41: Scheduler Thread - Render Thread 0 threw a major error:
2021-01-27 16:30:41:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
2021-01-27 16:30:41: Exception Details
2021-01-27 16:30:41: RenderPluginException – FailRenderException : Rendering failed: Asset
missing
2021-01-27 16:30:41: at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.FailRender(String message)
(Python.Runtime.PythonException)

I don’t see any signs of licensing errors. I see that Redshift is complaining about missing shader assets…

Anything prefixed with STDOUT: is coming from the rendering application and Deadline Worker is just the messenger. In your case, it says

STDOUT: Asset Error: Plugin Shader Redshift Shader Graph (RS Material)

which triggers the RenderPluginException in Deadline

RenderPluginException – FailRenderException : Rendering failed: Asset missing

I would focus on figuring out why that’s happening…

interesting, thanks for your quick reply. Ill look into that.

I searched for that error, and it appears that it is a sign that the Plugin has not been loaded properly?

The above thread is from a much older version of C4D, but the issue is similar.
So the “missing shader” issue might be just a side effect of the Redshift plugin not being loaded when the application is running in batch rendering mode.

Check out the thread and see if anything sounds familiar…

Whats interesting is when I strip everything out of the scene, including the materials it renders fine with redshift. Add a material into the scene, dont change anything about the material, send to deadline, and boom, nothing works again. I am using Redshift v3.0.36 and everything works fine in C4D r23 before submitting to deadline.
I’ll browse that thread, but it seems like a very strange issue.

I think my solution for the time being is to just not use deadline. It would be realy nice to be able to utilize but problems like this make it unacceptable.

@Brody_Davis did you follow the steps to workaround this CLR bug?

4 Likes

Holy shit my dude, its working now. what a stupid bug. thank you very much.

3 Likes

Wich slaves are u using for C4DR23 + Redshift? can’t find them in the image builder.

https://support.maxon.net/kb/faq.php?id=115
Page doesn’t exist anymore

Wayback machine has it here
https://web.archive.org/web/20210118161658/https://support.maxon.net/kb/faq.php?id=115

Unfortunately we have a bug in R23 Commandline Render (CLR) finding the default plugin folder.

To fix this, you can do the following:

1. Please manually set the plugins folder path in GUI Cinema 4d on the same machine (see the screenshot below) Edit > Preferences > Plugins > Search Paths

1. Open the preferences folder (by clicking on the button at the bottom left), copy the plugins.json

2. Navigate one folder up, then go into the “sibling folder”, so the almost same name as the R23 prefs, but with _x suffix – it’s the prefs of the CLR instance. CLR must have started at least once before in order to have created the folder. Paste the plugins.json there.

C:\Users\render\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\Maxon Cinema 4D R23_DBA5903C\plugins.json

C:\Users\render\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\Maxon Cinema 4D R23_DBA5903C_x\plugins.json

For some strange reason this has just started happening, despite having a linked folder to a central plugin install. it works fine in GUI mode, also have the env var set via g_additionalModulePath

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences