AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Cinema4D 2024 Patch files

This won’t add support for new features, but will at least get Deadline to run the 2024 exectuable.

There is an in-depth explanation of this process in our knowledge base that uses a fictious version of Maya as an example if you want more detail on this process. What follows is the C4D specific version.

Copy the “DeadlineRepository10” over your existing DeadlineRepository10 directory or backup and replace the files manually in these folders:

DeadlineRepository10\plugins\Cinema4D\Cinema4D.param replaces the existing file in DeadlineRepository10\plugins\Cinema4D

DeadlineRepository10\plugins\Cinema4DBatch\Cinema4DBatch.param replaces the existing file in DeadlineRepository10\plugins\Cinema4DBatch

Scripts taken from Deadline Client Version: 10.3.0.10

Replace the files manually in these folders:

DeadlineRepository10\plugins\Cinema4D\Cinema4D.param
copy in
C:\DeadlineRepository10\plugins\Cinema4D

DeadlineRepository10\plugins\Cinema4DBatch\Cinema4DBatch.param
copy in
C:\DeadlineRepository10\plugins\Cinema4DBatch

DeadlineRepository10\scripts\Submission\Cinema4DSubmission.py
copy in
C:\DeadlineRepository10\scripts\Submission

The submitter installer won’t work for Cinema 4D 2024, but you can do a manual installation for the submitter follow this documentation: (Cinema 4D — Deadline 10.3.0.15 documentation)

Deadline_for_C4D_2024.zip (11.5 KB)

If you have any trouble let us know!

2 Likes

Thanks! Trying to use this but getting C4D Commandline Floating license render errors for 2024.
Anyone else experiencing this, 2023 works fine? I have a thread now with maxon, but maybe its something someone else knows a fix for?

Error running authentication: Error getLicensingForProduct: multiple floating licenses found. assignment required [license_maxonapp.cpp(738)]
Open the ApplicationManager to assign a license: mxapp://localhost/open/v1?source=net.maxon.cinema4d.cmdline&version=2024.002
Please fix the license in the MaxonApp, press return to try again:

If you run the Commandline.exe outside of Deadline can you choose your appropriate license? Are you running RLM, Maxon App, Maxon Account, Maxon license server?

If I run the CLR first time I get this error below

Then I get the same error as you

(I started writing this and then saw a reply from another maxon ticket stating the CLR is broken in 2024)

1 Like

Yea it seems like an issue with licensing on their end, took 10 emails with support to come to that conclusion. Thanks for the info Anthony!

Is this still the current status? I.E not working due to licensing on Maxon’s end? Currently have this all setup & getting the errors above.

I have been in touch with Maxon and have a response from them regarding this. In my case, I had to tell my rendernodes using commandline licenses this in the config.txt:

g_hideaccountmode=false

(added that at the bottom of the config file)

I’ve also setup windows environment variables that automatically log my licenses in using g_username etc. My issue is now solved and I am no longer getting the errors posted above.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info from Maxon! We’ll have to see about re-creating this locally - this might explain some odd behaviour we’ve seen with C4D usage-based licensing as well.

I was given the same fix and it stopped the issue on all my render nodes.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I urgently need help. I’m unable to get the submitter to work in Cinema 4D. The function “submit to deadline” just doesn’t appear in the menu. I have copied the files as instructed, but it’s not working.

Hello Justin, I urgently need help. I’m unable to get the submitter to work in Cinema 4D. The function “submit to deadline” just doesn’t appear in the menu. I have copied the files as instructed, but it’s not working.

Hello @Phil_Decker

What version of Deadline are you on? C4D 2024 submission is supported in Deadline’s latest version. If you cannot upgrade please follow here :Cinema 4D — Deadline 10.3.1.3 documentation to install the submission script manually.

When you are referring to copying files, did you follow the steps in the docs link I shared to install C4D submission script (for job submission from with in C4D)?

I have the latest version of deadline. I followed the steps above.
The submitter works fine with c4d 2024 and the job starts rendering, however the render progress never goes beyond 0%.
Furthermore deadline works fine with r26.
Any thoughts anybody?

Hello @Peter1

Have checked the Worker logs for errors? Worker logs live in the application logs stored locally on the machine in question. Logs — Deadline 10.3.1.3 documentation

I guess it might be stuck on waiting for the user input for licensing. So it will be stuck something like:

2020-06-23 04:14:48:  0: STDOUT: MachineID: 
2020-06-23 04:14:48:  0: STDOUT: No available licenses to choose.
2020-06-23 04:14:48:  0: STDOUT: RLM method:
2020-06-23 04:14:48:  0: STDOUT: 1) Online
2020-06-23 04:14:48:  0: STDOUT: 2) Offline
2020-06-23 04:14:48:  0: STDOUT: Q) Quit

To workaround login in to the render node and open a cmd/terminal. Run Cinema 4D commandline application here. When it asks for the license please configure based on the current license model you use. Once it says license OK run the job from Deadline. This should hopefully resolves the issue.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences