AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Corona DR Plugin for Deadline - Corona 9

I updated my Corona render to version 9 and now I can’t get the plugin CoronaDR to work.
After submitting the job i get this error:

Error: Deadline was unable to find the plugin configuration option 'CoronaDrServerExecutable9' for the selected version of Corona DR 9.

Is it possible to work around this?

Many thanks

Have you uploaded the CoronaDRSubmission.py file to your repository at <location of your repository>/DeadlineRepository10/scripts/Submission/ ? Also, did you ensure to update the CoronaDR.param file accordingly?

Hi Derek, thanks for reply.

Where can I find info about that CoronaDRSubmission.py, that file already exists in the repository.
Same question for the CoronaDR.param, do I need to change it?

Many thanks

Why don’t you try this and see if it helps

Here are the instructions to modify the CoronaDR.param file to include new entries for Corona 8 and Corona 9 Distributed Rendering (DR) Server Executables. Please follow these steps carefully:

1. Locate the File: Navigate to your Deadline repository location on your system. You will find the CoronaDR.param file in the following directory: <Your Repository Path Location>:\DeadlineRepository10\plugins\CoronaDR. Replace <Your Repository Path Location> with the actual path to your Deadline repository.
  2. Backup the File: Before making any changes, it’s a good practice to create a backup of the original CoronaDR.param file. Copy the file and save it in another location with a different name, such as CoronaDR_backup.param.
  3. Edit the File:
  • Open the CoronaDR.param file using a text editor of your choice (e.g., Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime Text).
  • Scroll down to approximately line 108 or search for a nearby identifiable section to find the correct insertion point. The actual line number may vary slightly depending on previous modifications to the file.
  1. Add the New Entries:
[CoronaDrServerExecutable8]
Label=Corona 8 DrServer Executable
Category=Corona DrServer Executables
CategoryOrder=0
CategoryIndex=10
Type=multilinemultifilename
Default=C:\Program Files\Corona\Corona Renderer for 3ds Max\DR Server\DrServer.exe;C:\Program Files\Corona\Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D\DR Server\DrServer.exe
Description=The path to the Corona DrServer executable file. Enter alternative paths on separate lines.

[CoronaDrServerExecutable9]
Label=Corona 9 DrServer Executable
Category=Corona DrServer Executables
CategoryOrder=0
CategoryIndex=11
Type=multilinemultifilename
Default=C:\Program Files\Corona\Corona Renderer for 3ds Max\DR Server\DrServer.exe;C:\Program Files\Corona\Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D\DR Server\DrServer.exe
Description=The path to the Corona DrServer executable file. Enter alternative paths on separate lines.
  1. Make sure to enter the text exactly as shown above to avoid any syntax errors.
  2. Save the File: After adding the new entries, save the CoronaDR.param file. Ensure you do not change the file’s extension or encoding type when saving.
  3. Verify the Changes: It’s important to verify that the modifications were made correctly. Reopen the CoronaDR.param file to ensure the new entries are present and accurately added.
  4. Restart Services: Depending on your setup, you may need to restart the Deadline services or the machines that are running Deadline Slave to ensure the changes take effect.

Check and make sure that those paths are the correct path to your executable

By following these steps, you will have successfully added the new entries for Corona 8 and Corona 9 DR Server Executables to the CoronaDR.param file, allowing Deadline to recognize and use the updated paths for distributed rendering tasks.

1 Like

It worked perfectly.

Many thanks Derek.

Hope this can be helpful to other people like me.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences