AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline 10 Database Service Not Working

Hey Thinkbox,

Having an issue with our Repository it seems. Any user trying to access Deadline Monitor is seeing this issue:

I tried restarting the machine hosting our Database, freeing up some of the disk space, and then attempted to restart the Database Service but I’m seeing this error:

I’ve been checking firewall settings and looking at logs to no avail. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Potema

Hi,

In the Deadline default port 27100 is used and is connected to default by ssl and ca certificates. You can connect as a test when you run mongo/bin/deadline_mongo.bat.

1 Like

That script does work as a good test to see if the Database is running.

I think if you’re hitting that error, you should check out the database log. Info about that is in this duplicate thread:

Since that went down a certain path, I’m not sure if it make sense to continue the conversation there, but we will want to see the Database log all the same. Can you provide the log and we’ll take a look? It may include job or machine information so feel free to provide just the errors you find there.

Ah, yes it seems that we were running low on disk space where our Repository was stored causing a mongodb.lock file to be created which was blocking the Service from being restarted. Had to increase disk space quite substantially to the drive. It seems when our Deadline service was set up it was under-estimated how much space would be required.

Luckily I seem to have it under control. Thanks for the input folks!

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences