AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline for 3dsMAX 2025

Why not just open sourcing the Lightening plugin?

4 Likes

@gandhics I agree with this, it’s not like user will make own from deadline, but this will be higly apreciated from max community …

2 Likes

a recompile of the lightening plugin would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile: Thank you!

2 Likes

Anxious to hear a status on this. It’s critical for us. I hate to be someone complaining about a free product - but I was okay paying for Deadline! Really hard to watch this seem to shrink in terms of internal company priority. Extrapolating from the current trajectory, I fear for the long term future. :frowning:

4 Likes

Bump on this… Any update would be appreciated!

3 Likes

Here, also waiting for the update, 2025.2 is out and maybe is a good time to start using it in production :slight_smile:

1 Like

BUMP! Recompiling this should not be this difficult. Why is AWS dragging its feet?

Please open-source the lightning plugin and avoid this kind of trouble in the future, thanks.

5 Likes

Adding more support to open-source Lightning.dlx Josef W is currently rebuilding all Thinkbox plugins and could easily handle this.

4 Likes

+1 to this!

When can we expect to be able to use Max 2025?

4 Likes

bump! Checking in… we need this lightning.dlx for Max 2025 please…

2 Likes

This is catastrophic, clearly support is worst and worst… and we just need a quick recompile of the lightening .dlx… 5 months, and still a no go…Does Amazon know that now user need to upgrade each year not every 2 or 3 years?
Clearly somethign goes wrong with Deadline and 3dsMAX…

3 Likes

seems a problem inside Amazon… they should open source lightning.dlx and can avoid looking poor

1 Like

I believe lightning.dlx is not part of the open source package. Josef W. is doing a phenomenal job but we’re dependent on AWS until they release lightning.dlx as open source…

At least I succeed to write and correct 3dsMAXcmd for 2025, but it really suck compare to 3dsMAX lightening.dlx mode…
3dsMAXcmd is basicly Backburner mode, and it take way longer to render than 3dsMAX mode with the dlx, and 3dsMAX cmd completly suck with MXS job (specially simulation)…
Not to mention that now every major sim pluggin had integrate Deadline job submit (from dev or community users), and now AWS simply make this tool fall into the limbo for max commuity (but not only, most of year package need some tweak from user to work.)
AWS could simply NOT upgrade deadline once a year…the industry simply no longer work like this…

3 Likes

Yeah, I landed here after going through the pain of even obtaining Deadline from AWS, with probably the most invasive account verification procedure I’ve ever experienced… Only to then discover that 3ds Max 2025 is still not supported five months after release.

I need the software to test issues that Redshift customers are having, and will have to settle with testing in 3ds Max 2024 instead. There is no way I’m messing with a Deadline installation to try and make it work in 3ds Max 2025.

There are some unique challenges supporting 3ds Max 2025, I know… Particularly with regards to color management and menu system changes. I left it too late, waiting until actual release before even looking at supporting it, and I got burned. To be better prepared for the next major 3ds Max release I’ve already installed the Alpha and ensured the plugin builds for it.

To the Deadline crew: Autodesk has a community feedback programme that provides access to Alpha, Beta and RC builds of 3ds Max. If you’re not registered for that already, I recommend it.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t get my hopes up for supporting MAX 2025. I’m still waiting for a fix for MAX 2024 for custom submissions, which I’ve been doing for years.

1 Like

not sure what’s wrong with your’s custum submission script, but this work perfectly fine (i got tool to send phoenixFD, FFx, thinkingParticles (and tP partitions), cloth sim/cache, point Cache, export as abc, all of them work just fine…so it must be something wrong with your submission script…

2 Likes

@MarcoA read here

2 Likes

People keep paying for subscription? => Deadline is now free for a while… Oo

2 Likes

@MarcoA My apologies regarding the subscriptions. I do not look after at any subscriptions and was not aware of this. I also can not do any software installs, just IT here is allowed with my guidance

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences