AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline for 3dsMAX 2025

I prefeared when i paid the subscirption, at least i could contact more easilly the thinkbox team to complain about the need of the update (and by the time they were very responsive)…

I really hope they will open sourced the max lightening pluggins, best thing that could happen (we just need this pluggin recompile, then community could tweak the files to make full integration of max2025 (already done in fact)…

The worst part is the silence from dev side…completely unacceptable.

2 Likes

@MarcoA again my apologies. I thought you were part of the dev team.
In the other thread I mentioned above, my script is very simple and it does is render a bakemap.
This has always worked for me in MAX 2016, 2018 and 2019 which we still use till this issue is resolved.
I have come to the conclusion that Deadline has no intentions of fixing the problwm in MAX 2024 and have no doubt it still exist in MAX 2025.

1 Like

Well, all I can do is post and say how much I REALLY would like an update to support 3ds Max 2025. Without it, we cannot move forward on 2025, to which I am sure Autodesk would be thrilled to hear. I realize this is now a free application and your priorities may not be as heightened, but a solution such as open-source for the lightning.dlx or whatever would be helpful. I know a few people who have been recompiling some of the other Thinkbox plugins for 2025 with some good successes. I will tell you this, there is no way in hell I am going back to Backburner, nor could I anyway.

4 Likes

Same here, i already struggle to test beta 3dsMAX due to Deadline is needed here for siming/rendering/cache (there is no better way to beta test a software than using it in production), but now I’m still stick to max 2024, because we still do not have the recompile of the lightening pluggin for 2025…
After using Deadline for years, and convert few peoples to use it too (since deadline is not only a renderfarm manager, but a software production tool), it’s really a shame that I’m starting feeling the need to look to 'something else" good enought (but so far i only found maxcmd.exe wich is basicly backburner)…
Backburner somehow work, but also suck compare to deadline (it’s easy to make any software with cmd ability to work with backburner, that’s not the problem, it’s just don’t have the granularity of deadline)…
Definitly Open sourcing the lightening pluggin or give the charge to Autodesk to integrate it to max, will be a better option than this loooooooong silence, and no update to the max community.

3 Likes

Just jumpingin here to vote for opensourcing the whole thing. Definitely would do what i can do ensure 3ds Max 2025+ compatibility as soon we have access to the sourcecode for recompiles

5 Likes

Not the whole thing (Deadline is still an active product from AWS to sell AWS machines for rendering), it just slowly updated (once a year), just the 3dsMAX lightening pluggins need to be open sourced to please the 3dsMAX community, but not sure this will happen…(it take some time and effort to open source a code)

3 Likes

Oh yes, make it open source. Please.

4 Likes

Yes, please.
We can’t move to Max 2025 without deadline support.
Open sourcing the lightening plugin would be great too, so the community can take it from here and stop asking for new updated with every new release.
Thank you

4 Likes

@AWS Thinkbox… please expedite Max 2025 lightning.dlx - got a lot of working waiting on this… thanks

or open source it…

5 Likes

Another idea is to have the respective developers handle updates for their products. For instance, hand development and updates for lightning.dlx to the 3ds Max team and just coordinate as necessary. Some for Maya, Houdini, Blender, Nuke, etc. They might be more motivated to complete the updates in lockstep with their releases to motive users to upgrade/update. Just a thought.

5 Likes

Please opensource it! We will take the rest!

5 Likes

Can I start asking for support 3dsmax 2026 to get ahead? :smile: by the time this is worked on we’ll need that!

6 Likes

But are they working on it or not?
I mean they always say there is no ETA but… is it even planned?

I wanna say OpenSource it… but I wouldn’t be able to update it myself soo… Opensource it and please somebody update it! :smiley:

3 Likes

Still waiting to get the official max 2025 deadline update, why is this taking so long. Please open source it asap AWS

4 Likes

Plus one for 3dsmax 2025 deadline support, desperate to get this before we start our next production so we can move to latest max.

4 Likes

Please can we have 3dsmax 2025! We really need it for our next project that’s about to start in the next few weeks.

3 Likes

+1 for deadline support in Max 2025. Can’t switch without it.

3 Likes

+1 more for deadline support in 3dsMax 2025
Extremly need it for 3dsMax 2025!!!

2 Likes

+X for this, I have so many clients looking to update, education doing their annual upgrade etc.

Is there any option for 3dsMax 2025 in DeadlineCloud

Github only shows 2024

Max 2025 support files are up in Support files for 3dsMax 2025 in Deadline 10.3

I put it in a separate thread so any issues with those released files aren’t missed.

5 Likes
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences