AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Expired Draft licenses

Hey everyone, just a quick reminder that the license portal does not offer Draft licenses and you’ll need to swap out some files in your Repository if you need to make Draft free before you’re able to upgrade the entire farm. The change is reversable and there should be no changes to output that would affect production. Details are in the Draft forum here:

2 Likes

Hi Edwin, I’ve done the file swap and am nolonger getting errros about lack of drat licences but am getting a new error saying it cn’t find draft in the repo:

Initialize: Error: FailRenderException : ERROR: Draft was not found in the Deadline Repository!
   at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.FailRender(String message) (Python.Runtime.PythonException)
  File "C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\workers\LONREN001\plugins\633eba8289c817bcb04a821f\DraftTileAssembler.py", line 97, in InitializeProcess
    self.DraftAutoUpdate( draftLocalPath )
  File "C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\workers\LONREN001\plugins\633eba8289c817bcb04a821f\DraftTileAssembler.py", line 147, in DraftAutoUpdate
    self.FailRender( "ERROR: Draft was not found in the Deadline Repository!" )
   at Python.Runtime.Dispatcher.Dispatch(ArrayList args)
   at __FranticX_GenericDelegate0Dispatcher.Invoke()
   at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.InitializeProcess()
   at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.InitializeProcess()
   at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.Initialize(LogFunctions logFunctions)

I’m thinking that a file pointing to the repo specifically for draft needs amending as we have a test repo that it works for but on the live repo i get this error, any idea is/where such a file would live?

Thanks
Raj

We’ve had several dozen customers update successfully so far so I’m a bit skeptical… You could be right though!

Can you take a screenshot of the root of your Repo and within the “draft” and “draft3” folders? I figure it’s either a snafu extracting, or there’s some permissions preventing an update.

I did a quick dig into “DeadlineRepository10/plugins/DraftTileAssembler/DraftTileAssembler.py” and that error comes up when it can’t find the “Version” file in the Draft folders:

draftPathComponents = GetDraftPathComponents()

repoFile = RepositoryUtils.GetRepositoryFilePath( os.path.join( draftPathComponents, "Version" ), False ) 

if not os.path.exists( repoFile ):
            self.FailRender( "ERROR: Draft was not found in the Deadline Repository!" )

Here’s GetDraftPathComponents():

def GetDraftPathComponents():
    """
        Gets the draft path relative to the Repo root.
    """
    draftPathComponents = ""

if six.PY3:
        draftPathComponents = "draft3"
    else:
        draftPathComponents = "draft"

if SystemUtils.IsRunningOnMac():
        draftPathComponents = os.path.join( draftPathComponents, "Mac" )
    else:
        if SystemUtils.IsRunningOnLinux():
            draftPathComponents = os.path.join( draftPathComponents, "Linux" )
        else:
            draftPathComponents = os.path.join( draftPathComponents, "Windows" )

if SystemUtils.Is64Bit():
            draftPathComponents = os.path.join( draftPathComponents, "64bit" )
        else:
            draftPathComponents = os.path.join( draftPathComponents, "32bit" )

return draftPathComponents

I was just grabbing screenshots when it dawned on me… when i unpacked the zip for Draft3, i copied the whole folder into the existing draf3 folder so the path became Draft3/Draft3 etc causing to not be found in the expected location…removing teh extra draft3 folder fixed it!!

Thanks as always for your help :upside_down_face:

No problem! Have a good one @Fosters

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences