AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

exr settings?

I saw in the cookbook how to save an image by putting the .exr extension on it, is there a way to change the details of how that is saved (scanlines vs. tiles, etc.)? If not, what is Draft’s default settings for EXR files?

Rendering exr out of Maxwell doesn’t give any options so I’m hoping to make a post-render pass in Draft for those frames to make them more suitable for Nuke.

Would be really cool to be able to set the bounding box on exr files (inadvertently ties in so neatly with my earlier thread about bounding boxes :slight_smile: )

By default, Draft saves EXR files with 32-bit float channels, and uses zip compression with multi-scanline blocks.

Currently there is no way to change the EXR settings in Draft, but it is on our wish list.

What kind of settings did you want to use? I think I’ve heard that Nuke prefers zip compression with single-scanline blocks. If that’s what most people want, it’s possible that we could change our defaults until we get a chance to add proper settings.

Thank you for your suggestion! I will make a note of this.

Thanks for the information - those defaults get me most of the way there. Being able to specify 16 vs 32 bit float would be nice when you get to adding the customization features.

My vote for defaults would go for the zip + single scanline blocks.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences