AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Got this error when launching Monitor

I am on Centos 8.2 (used to work perfectly until now)

I reisntalled and deleted the ~/Thinkbox folder as well then reisntalled it with the same result.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\thinkbox-conda\conda-bld\deadline_1604521321100\work\DeadlineProject\DeadlineUI\Commands\MonitorCommands.py”, line 1296, in InnerExecute
File “UI/Forms/MainWindow.py”, line 2876, in onSuperUserChangedEvent
AttributeError: ‘MainWindow’ object has no attribute ‘statusBarWidget’
and got that:

I like the minimalist look, I sometime get this when removing the user any access to anything until they’ve been added to the correct user group.

This looks like something else though, have you tried starting the app as root? or creating another account and launching to check it’s nothing in the profile?

I had a play with 8 when it came out but haven’t used it since, sounds like something simple if it was working and now it’s not

I fixed it, was a python thing situation, all works good now on the client side.

1 Like

Could you share more detail on how you solved this? I’m getting the same error :frowning:

File “C:\thinkbox-conda\conda-bld\deadline_1618436673342\work\DeadlineProject\DeadlineUI\Commands\MonitorCommands.py”, line 1282, in InnerExecute
File “UI/Forms/MainWindow.py”, line 2877, in onSuperUserChangedEvent

Yes would be great. I am getting the same error now :frowning:

Could it be that your (or the default) layout is broken? It seems to expect a status bar widget, but does not find it. It might be a bug. Unfortunately these files are distributed as compiled pyc (e.g. see C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline10\bin\UI\DeadlineMonitor\Forms), so I cannot inspect the source.

Hey men could please tell me how do you fixed it, I have encountered same error

If you go to View->Reset layout does that return the Monitor’s elements?

If it doesn’t, which version of Deadline are you running?

If I reset the layout will get the python error. I’m using deadline 10

Could you share the error you’re getting? And could you be more specific about the version of Deadline? You can see the whole number by right clicking the launcher and going to ‘About Deadline Launcher’ and grabbing the line that starts with “Deadline Client Version:”.

Alright,thanks man ,I will share the error tomorrow morning, I am in home now can’t reach my computer

1 Like

Hi,my deadline version is 10.1.17.4 Release
if I reset the layout I will get this:
File “C:\thinkbox-conda\conda-bld\deadline_1625024025763\work\DeadlineProject\DeadlineUI\Commands\MonitorCommands.py”, line 461, in InnerExecute
File “UI/Forms/MainWindow.py”, line 536, in resetLayout
File “UI/Forms/MainWindow.py”, line 558, in loadDefaultLayout
File “UI/Forms/MainWindow.py”, line 1821, in setWidgetsLock
AttributeError: ‘MainWindow’ object has no attribute ‘lockWidgetAction’

if I try to use super user mode I will get this:
File “C:\thinkbox-conda\conda-bld\deadline_1625024025763\work\DeadlineProject\DeadlineUI\Commands\MonitorCommands.py”, line 1278, in InnerExecute
File “UI/Forms/MainWindow.py”, line 2882, in onSuperUserChangedEvent

Hmm I don’t remember, it was a while ago. I am on Linux so not sure it is the same issue.
But if I would give it a quick go are you sure you can reach your repo ?

Yes I’m totally sure ,I can reach the repository and I have tried submit jobs
also I have installed deadline on like 5 machines,there are 3 machines have this problem but the other two worked fine

Either you can use this guide to upgrade to Deadline 10.1.21 and later or you can use this workaround:

1. Rename and replace the attached
  2. C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline10\bin\python3\UI\DeadlineMonitor\Forms\MainWindow.py (Py3) and
  3. C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline10\bin\UI\DeadlineMonitor\Forms\MainWindow.py (Py2)
  4. Backup the MainWindow.pyc elsewhere, removing it from the DeadlineMonitor\Forms\ directory.
  5. Restart the Deadline Monitor
  6. If there is any issue, remove the MainWindow.py file and restore the MainWindow.pyc file

MainWindow.py (192.3 KB)

Alright, a lot thanks man ,It’s totally worked , really appreciate :+1: :hugs:

1 Like

thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences