AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Kraoatoa for 3dsMax 2024

Pretty please.

Also, please provide an instruction to how to build.

2 Likes

Hello

Thanks for reaching out. I created a feature request for our internal engineering team on adding support for max 2024 in Krakatoa. I cannot share an ETA on when the support will be added.

If the there are no plugin compatibility issues then follow instruction might work on adding unofficial support.

You should be able to manually add the paths to the plugins by editing the plugin.ini files. If you already have 3dsMax 2024, you can copy from its plugin.ini file. If not, you can add yourself. Do not forget to set the Permissions of the plugin.ini file to allow writing.

By default, the paths would be something like this:

[Directories]

Krakatoa=C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Krakatoa MX\3dsMax2024\

If you don’t have a folder in your installation paths, you will have to download and install the latest builds of Krakatoa, Frost, Stoke etc. before you can do that.

+1 Max 2024 support please

Plugins need to be recompiled for 3dsMax 2024.

Any news for a 2024 version update?

good question, but i think we have to send request via contact form for more impact

Any news on this? Kinda need it!

Max 2025 will be out soon! :sweat_smile:

it out, better to ask for 2026 right now…

Excuse me @zainali has there been any update? Would you please check on my post in regards to this issue aswell, in March of 2024. It is incredibly frustrating to not have any answers.

We are waiting on the developer efforts on this one and we can’t share roadmap information as per the policy. Look forward to Deadline release notes for future bug fixtures and feature releases: Release History — Deadline 10.3.2.1 documentation

Small teaser … still some distance to go but things are looking good
( BTW i’m in no way affiliated with AWS Thinkbox or something)

I just started to port the whole 3ds max thinkbox stuff from the github repos to current 3ds Max versions ( 3ds Max 2017 to 3ds MAx 2025+ to be accurate)

4 Likes

Hi everybody, i managed to update the Krakatoa code from C++ 14 to C++ 17 to match it with the new SDK update for 3dsmax and I think it’s done.
it is a bit slow In viewport for some reason that i will fix in a few days as i found a little bit of time.
I just have one question about how to publish a new build, i tried to read the license but i did not understand much about all terms and how to publish it, can anyone help me with that? as soon as i get a clear vision about license and how to publish it i will publish new build for 3dsmax 2024 and 2025 also will continue to work on maya version as well.

if you want we can work together on updating the Krakatoa for 3dsMax and Maya.

Fix the viewport issue, add support for Color management.
Does anyone know how should I publish that, and what license I need to add to it and where?
i also add support for 3dsmax 2025

GitHub - aws/thinkbox-krakatoa has got a license on it, and you could publish off a fork or make a pull request against the main project. Let me know if there’s ambiguity there and I’ll try and get some clarification for us. :slight_smile:

So basically I can publish the new source code or only binary as long as I put the same license and names on it. including my name for Maintenance and update for 3dsmax and Maya 2024 and 2025, am I right or did i misunderstand something here ?
Another question is can I use it in other products with the same license and privileges or I need some special license for it, especially if I intend to sell my product?

i need to mention there were two major upgrades in 3dsmax and Maya SDK both in 2024 and 2025 and UI and many parts of plugins required a major changes, I believe you are already aware of that.
and doing it for every changes is not an easy task. so if I need any special type of agreement I will be more than happy to know about that. As you can see the current license is not available on GitHub. and It makes me confused!

@Justin_B license doesn’t exist on the repo you mentioned.

That’s really odd, thinkbox-krakatoa/LICENSE.txt at main · aws/thinkbox-krakatoa · GitHub has the license on my side. I made sure to use an incognito window to be sure my github account wasn’t giving me accesses that aren’t universal.

If the URL you’re checking isn’t the same, let me know and I’ll see if I can figure out what’s wrong here.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences