AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Possible inclusion of my Redshift/Houdini task progress custom plugin to the base install

this thread is almost reaching it’s first birthday and still no inclusion of smbell code in the main plugins. Out of curiousity? WHY?!!?

1 Like

The scripts have been updated up to v7 for the newest Deadline 10.1.21.3.

One thing I noticed is that the logs are being parsed in real time now, so the progress will update much quicker than before. Not sure what they changed, but it’s much better now! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@smbell Does this means we can have fine grain progress at the single frame level?

From what I can tell, yes. It updates much faster.

2 Likes

We’ve been using @smbell progress fix (thank you for doing this!) for a while now, and it does work.

including a screenshot so you can see what it looks like (houdini + redshift):
houdini_redshift_progess

2 Likes

It’s been over a year…

2 Likes

monthly thread bump.

Does it still work with Redshift 3.5?

We’re using the fix v6 with: H19.0.589 (py3), Redshift 3.5.03, DL 10.1.19.4. Workers are both windows and linux.

The fix is amazingggggggggggggggggggg
I only have 1 render node so i have to had set 999 frames per job but with this I can see it updated in realtime thanks to the fix v7

Have you made a ticket to support?

I did a quick file comparison on the newest Houdini scripts that ship with Deadline v10.1.23.6 and there were no changes, so v7 of my scripts will work fine and have been tested.

I will say it again, this is very useful to the community and it’s somewhat mind boggling that it’s not supported out of the box.

If any devs are listening, could you please add these lines to the Houdini scripts, it’s very transparent and simple additions to support redshift progress percentage.

4 Likes

Yes, please add this to standard builds. Shouldnt take too much effort?

1 Like

For the Nth time… this is super useful. Please add Smbell’s few lines in the default plug in.

1 Like

10.2.0.8 released and I don’t see this included on the list

2 Likes

When I get a minute, I’ll check it for compatibility and update accordingly.

sorry, i didn’t mean it wasn’t working, but rather it wasn’t included in the latest update

seems like since deadline went to free for more machines… it’s dev team got reduced as well or non existent? :slight_smile:

updated version for Deadline 10.2.0.10

deadline_houdini_redshift_task_progress_fixes_v8.zip (20.3 KB)

I updated the thread on the Redshift forums, but forgot to do it here.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone

Thanks for making, sharing and bumping this thread. You guys did a great job. We have a similar forums post on adding fixes to Deadline create by customers: Source Code Contributions for AWS Thinkbox

Having said that, we are aware about this feature and there is an internal ticket to handle it already in the system. However, I cannot share an ETA here.

2 Likes
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences