AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

SMTDSettings.RemovePadding issue

I am in the process of upgrading our render farm from Deadline : 5.1.0.47014 to 6.2.0.32 R.

We have a custom submission script that submits tiled render jobs. Because we primarily work with stills, we like to remove the frame number from the render. When I do this I think the draft tile assembler is expecting this:

Tile0FileName=I:\DEV_Scripting\Max\Imagery\Renders\TestScene_Camera001\Test40\1234_TestScene_Camera001_Test40_tile_1x1_8x4_0.exr

But the file is called this:

Tile0FileName=I:\DEV_Scripting\Max\Imagery\Renders\TestScene_Camera001\Test40\1234_TestScene_Camera001_Test40_tile_1x1_8x4.exr

Is this a bug or am I missing a setting somewhere?

I think I have fixed this. For anyone else having similar issues I added a conditional statement to ‘fn replaceFrameNumber’ in SubmitMaxToDeadline_Functions.ms. I am not sure if it is going to mess anything else up but it is working for now.

fn replaceFrameNumber filename newFrame =(
	if SMTDSettings.RemovePadding then (
		return filename
	)else(
		local theName = getFileNameFile filename
		local frameString = ""
		local done = false
		for i = theName.count to 1 by -1 while not done do
		(
			if findString "0123456789" theName[i] == undefined then
				done = true
			else
				frameString = theName[i]+frameString
		)
		theName = substring theName 1 (theName.count-frameString.count) + SMTDFunctions.getZeros newFrame count:frameString.count + newFrame as string
		return (getFileNamePath filename + theName + getFileNameType filename )
	)
),

Hello Rob,

Thanks for letting us know your fix, I will see if our Max guys and dev team can verify it’s effect for possible inclusion in deadline

Hey Rob,
Just checking in with you regarding this previous tweak you made to the SMTD code. Any further problems or did this tweak resolve your issue fully?
(I’m just reviewing if we should add it to the shipping version)
Thanks!
Mike

Sorry I missed your message. It has been working great for us! I actually just downloaded and installed Deadline-6.2.1.40 this morning and I had to reapply the code patch because all the naming was incorrect and the draft tile assemblers were failing. We render everything without frame numbers for our stills which is why it is an issue for us.

On another note, we are still getting quite a lot of issues with 3ds max saying it is starting up and not doing anything. What precisely can I get to you that will help debug the problem?

Thanks,

-Rob

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, this code tweak hasn’t made it into the upcoming v6.2.1 release and I’m pretty sure I’m gonna miss that boat as I have a number of other fixes/things I need to accomplish with SMTD. However, fingers crossed, it should be going into the next v7.0 release. I did some testing with it and found a few edge cases where something isn’t quite right, so I’m attempting to get everything resolved in the next pass of the code.

For your other issue, if your using the beta build, I would recommend providing full log reports from the job in question to the beta forum as a new thread and we can take it from there. I can’t remember if your running your Deadline slaves as a service but if you are, then my ‘favourite’ issues at the moment, are State Set & Scene Explorer issues.

Thanks Mike!

I will make sure to post something the next time it happens.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences