AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Unreal 5.2.1 Pugin Installation failled

Did everything as in the documentation. After enable both Plugins in Unreal after restart the engine The Message comes up… "The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version: MoviePipelineDeadline. DeadlineService. Engine modules cannot compiled at runtime. Please build through your IDE.

I copied both folder from the repository to the Unreal installation path where the plugins are.

Any Idea? THX

Unreal Engine 5 plugin installation needs Visual Studio 2022 installed on the artist machine with C++ tools. Follow this documentation from Unreal Engine 5 to install Visual Studio 5: Setting Up Visual Studio Development Environment for C++ Projects in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation

You can find the project logs on the build errors under /Saved/Logs. That would be where you can get more details about what is missing.

1 Like

I did as the Visual Code guide showed, but I still get the error. I also added the “urllib3” to the path " Content/Python/Lib/Win64/".

Skärmavbild 2023-10-13 kl. 15.03.43

Interesting - could you pull the logs from the /Saved/Logs folder for us? It should enumerate what’s failing for us.

Of course, but where do I find the /Saved/Logs ? Under UE or Deadline or some temp folder? :slight_smile:

Fun thing, I wrote:

Should be <project name>/Saved/Logs/

Which had Discourse interpret as a tag, and hid it. I need a new syntax while I’m working in the forums!

It’ll be inside of project’s folder, wherever you’ve got that saved on your machine. At least that’s how it is in the Epic docs.

Oo I see, that happens to me all the time too so no worries. Here is the logs:

Logs.zip (69.0 KB)

Any new information on this?

Hello @sirhaffy

I was looking at the logs you have share it was reporting missing DLLs. This mght be the cause of failure.
Log file open, 10/13/23 14:58:45 LogWindows: Failed to load 'aqProf.dll' (GetLastError=126) LogWindows: File 'aqProf.dll' does not exist LogProfilingDebugging: Loading WinPixEventRuntime.dll for PIX profiling (from ../../../Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Windows/WinPixEventRuntime/x64). LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi.dll' (GetLastError=126) LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi.dll' does not exist LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi32e.dll' (GetLastError=126) LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi32e.dll' does not exist

There is a guide which needs to be followed to configure Visual Studio for UE 5. Did you follow that?
Please check here: Unreal 5.2.1 Pugin Installation failled - #2 by karpreet

Yes I did, but must have missed somthing then. I will take a look again, thanks :slight_smile:

I am having the SAME issue with a blank project in 5.3. I have visual Studio 2022 with c++. I recompile manually but the project just keeps giving me that same error and not opening. (if I remove your plugin it opens fine).

Hey there! I am having the same problem, and was curious if there was any new updates that folks have about this specific problem. I am experiencing this issue with Unreal 5.3.2, but there isn’t any past Unreal 5 that I could get the plugin to work with. I attached my logs as well to my post, but so far I havent had any luck recompiling the plugin to try and get it to function in my Unreal project. I have setup Visual Studio code for my project, following the documentation, and my project does have the empty C++ class in it to enable editing in Visual Studio. Some solutions I have attempted was Pixel Prof’s Youtube: Recompile Unreal Plugin to new Engine Version video (can’t post more than two links) , but that did not change anything. The other solution I attempted was following this tutorial: How To Build Unreal Engine Plugins From Source – Plugin Development . However, when following this tutorial and trying to rebuild source files, I would get an error preventing my from regenerating the .sln file when the plugins were in my project folder.

I would be greatly appreciative of any insights or new discoveries folks have made regarding this problem, and I hope that there is a easy solution that I have overlooked thus far. Thank you!

Logs.zip (590.2 KB)

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences