AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Houdini 18 support

hi,
houdini 18 with the new lighting system is out now,
can you please add it to deadline

the update can also extend to renderman 23 standalone support

best

1 Like

Just wondering if there is an ETA for H18 support?

Is there a dirty script to tide us over, until then.

Thank you.

1 Like

Looks like we going to be using Husk for rendering USD/Lops stuff, can you please add LOPs deadline ROP in Houdini?
Also Husk standalone submitter from the Monitor will be very helpful.

Thank you.

Sorry for my ignorance,
What is Husk ?
regards,
FD

https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/ref/utils/husk.html

modding the param files to include 18 works at a basic level, be interesting to see the new stuff integrated.

1 Like

do you have a sample reference to include 18?

Hello! Weā€™ve got an unofficial patch for you to try. Itā€™s got Houdini and Mantra and should extract to the root of your repository.

Back up your ā€˜scriptsā€™, ā€˜submissionā€™, and ā€˜pluginā€™ folders before extracting this one. You should also be on Deadline 10.1 to apply this, so your mileage may vary.

Houdini18_Mantra18.zip (19.3 KB)

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if weā€™re going to support Karma as a separate plugin. Our typical stance to to not support beta software, so if you want to use it on your farms Iā€™m hoping itā€™ll just run through Houdini (though thatā€™ll burn workstation licenses).

Hey,

I have just started checking out Solaris/Lops with Redshift. From what I can tell, you kick off a render with the ā€œUSD Renderā€ Rop, which points to a LOPs path. That LOP network could contain anything, its not specific to any renderer.

I am just getting my head around this, but I think Deadline would need to have dedicated support this to to really take advantage of LOPs.

Is there plans for this?

Cheers,

Nick D

1 Like

Hi Justin,
I get this error when trying to get this new patch to work.
The CallDeadlineCommand.py script could not be found in the Houdini installation. Please make sure that the Deadline Client has been installed on this machine.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Mike

EDIT: So I figured it out, I was missing the ā€œpython2.7libsā€ folder inside of my home directory, which contains the CallDeadlineCommand. So I just copied that over from H17.5 to my H18 documents folder and it works now. Havenā€™t tested it to see if it actually submits anything. But it appears and doesnā€™t have any errors, so I would consider this to be working.

Have you got the Deadline client applications installed on that machine? Meaning the Monitor, Worker, Launcher - those guys.

Iā€™d expect that to be the stumbling block, but Iā€™m glad you got it figured out!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences