AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Simple Web Interface for Deadline

So I wanted to create a simple web interface for checking on jobs remotely and from inside of shotgun so I edited the mobile example into something for normal browsers.

Just pop this .py file into your //repository/scripts/pulse/ folder. Enable your web service under pulse in the repository configuration and then go to:

server:8080/Monitor

You can do several sorts:

server:8080/Monitor?ego=#USERNAME#&psort=Status&ssort=SubmitDateTime

For the links to work you’ll need to edit the .py file to update the serverAddress line. I also recommend updating the StudioName variable while you’re at it. You can change the fields displayed by editing the “viewKeys” list in the py file.
Monitor.zip (2.23 KB)

Hi,

Your script looks cool, but I can’t run it

when you say replace the server address, is it the repository server or the computer where pulse is launched ? Do I have to enter ip address or a computer name ?

i have this error when I try it “Error - Not a supported command.”

Thx

-SeB-

If they are not one and the same, use the IP or dns name of the machine running pulse.

Elliott

I encountered the same problem too, must be the network settings.

If you open a browser on the machine where Pulse is running, type “http://localhost:8080/Monitor”, that should work and shows you that your network settings are not correct. I am just checking my configuration, currently I am not sure what´s wrong. But I´m sure that´s the same reason why the iPhone application doesn´t work for me.

Edit: It was too easy: The Firewall blocked TCp Port 8080. I made a rule in the Firewall settings and now it works.

Gavin, have you got this running in DL6?
It would be very useful for me at the moment, but I can’t get it to run.

Cheers,

Dave

Doesn’t work here either. I think something is broken though on Deadline’s end.

If I take one of the examples they work. But if I copy paste it and rename one of the examples it gives me the “Error - Not a supported command.” error even if it’s identical except for the name. Maybe there is a ‘safe list’ somewhere of supported scripts?

And to answer the inevitable question yes I restarted pulse.

Hello Gavin,

Can you give some examples of commands that return that error? Thanks.

Cheers,

Dwight

If I take something like Mobile_GetJobList.py and rename it as Mobile_Gets.py I will get that error. Also if I run the Monitor.py script that is attached in the GP post I get that error.

Hello,

The best guess around the office is that in the pulse settings section of configure repostiory options pane, web services has “Allow execution of non-script commands” unchecked. Can you verify this?

Cheers,

Good guess that was an error I was receiving previously so I checked that and then it gave me the error in question. :wink:

Hi,
See attached for semi-working script. I may have crossed paths with a couple of bugs in v6…

Monitor.py.zip (2.79 KB)

There were code changes between v5 and v6, which were stopping the script from executing. Enable “Allow Execution of Non-Script Commands” to make the “getJob” command part of the web-page to work (ie: when you click on one of the jobs to retrieve all it’s job details).

Change the values in the following 2 lines in the py script to make it work in your environment:

serverAddress = "localhost" serverPort = "8080"

“serverAddress” will be a DNS computer name for the machine running the Pulse application. Look in “Pulse Settings” for name. Take into account, you may be using a proxy / ISA server for re-direction, so the name may be different. Depends on your environment. However, a simple test, is open a web-page on the machine running Pulse and use “localhost:serverPort” - ie: “http://localhost:8080/Monitor”. Ensure Windows or otherwise Firewall is allowing the serverPort through.

“serverPort” will be the port as defined in Pulse Settings.

example urls are:

localhost:8080/Monitor
localhost:8080/Monitor?ego=owenm
(“owenm” is a Deadline username)

Issues: (@Dwight - could you point Ryan in the direction of this thread, please? thx)

1. Pulse WebService log now reports looking for “favicon.ico” whenever you execute this script. Never use to do that. Can it be made to work? “http://localhost:8080/Monitor/favicon.ico”?
  2. urls such as “http://localhost:8080/Monitor?ego=owenm&psort=SubmitDateTime” are NOT working? BUG?
  3. urls such as “http://localhost:8080/Monitor?ego=owenm&psort=Status&ssort=SubmitDateTime” are returning incorrect results. BUG?
  4. Using this script, click on a job in the web-page and there are some interesting results via -getJob command (see code section below for full dump of results):

(a) Typo/Duplication - AuxiliarySubmissionFileNames / AuxillarySubmissionFileNames
(b) CommentTag=owenm, 0001/01/01 00:00 - date seems wrong?
© ErrorReportLastWriteTime=Jan 01/01 00:00:00 - date? Or does date always show default values if no error reports were ever created for the job?
(d) JobAuxiliarySubmissionFileNames=L3Q_INT_MP0070_PRVZ_A01.01.max - Duplicate entry as per (a) above?
(e) ID & JobId - Duplicate entry?
(f) JobLimitGroups & LimitGroups - Duplicate?
(g) Properties=Deadline.Jobs.JobProperties - is this correct?
(h) quite a few more duplicates based on “Job” prefix or not…maybe these are all legacy supported key:values?

AuxiliarySubmissionFileNames=test.max AuxillarySubmissionFileNames=test.max BadSlaves= ChunkSize=1 Comment=3ds Max 2014 Scene Submission CommentTag=owenm, 0001/01/01 00:00 CompletedChunks=0 CompletedDateTime=Sep 19/13 11:39:07 CompletedDateTimeString=09/19/2013 11:39:07 ConcurrentTasks=1 CouchbaseCAS=0 CouchRevision= CustomPluginDirectory= Department= EmailNotification=False EnableAutoTimeout=False EnableTimeoutsForScriptTasks=False EnvironmentDictionary= ErrorReportFileNames= ErrorReportLastWriteTime=Jan 01/01 00:00:00 ErrorReports=0 ExtraInfo0= ExtraInfo1= ExtraInfo2= ExtraInfo3= ExtraInfo4= ExtraInfo5= ExtraInfo6= ExtraInfo7= ExtraInfo8= ExtraInfo9= ExtraInfoDictionary= ExtraInfoKeyValues= FailedChunks=0 FailureDetectionJobErrors=0 FailureDetectionTaskErrors=0 FirstFrame=0 FrameDependencyOffsetEnd=0 FrameDependencyOffsetStart=0 Frames=0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 FramesList=0-10 Group=workstations ID=523acff971bd0c04cccb3396 IgnoreBadJobDetection=False InitialCompletedTaskIds= InitialUncompletedTaskIds= InterruptibleFlag=False IsFrameDependent=False IsSubmitted=True JobAuxiliarySubmissionFileNames=test.max JobComment=3ds Max 2014 Scene Submission JobCompletedDateTime=Sep 19/13 11:39:07 JobConcurrentTasks=1 JobDepartment= JobDependencies= JobDependencyIDs= JobDependencyPercentage=-1 JobDependencyPercentageValue=-1 JobEmailNotification=False JobEnableAutoTimeout=False JobEnableTimeoutsForScriptTasks=False JobExtraInfo0= JobExtraInfo1= JobExtraInfo2= JobExtraInfo3= JobExtraInfo4= JobExtraInfo5= JobExtraInfo6= JobExtraInfo7= JobExtraInfo8= JobExtraInfo9= JobFailureDetectionJobErrors=0 JobFailureDetectionTaskErrors=0 JobForceReloadPlugin=False JobFrameDependencyOffsetEnd=0 JobFrameDependencyOffsetStart=0 JobFrames=0-10 JobFramesList=0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 JobFramesPerTask=1 JobGroup=workstations JobId=523acff971bd0c04cccb3396 JobIgnoreBadSlaveDetection=False JobInterruptible=False JobIsFrameDependent=False JobLimitGroups= JobLimitTasksToNumberOfCpus=True JobMinRenderTimeSeconds=0 JobName=test JobNotificationEmails= JobNotificationNote= JobNotificationTargets=owenm JobOnJobComplete=Nothing JobOnTaskTimeout=Error JobOutputDirectories= JobOutputFileNames= JobOverrideJobFailureDetection=False JobOverrideNotificationMethod=False JobOverrideTaskFailureDetection=False JobPlugin=3dsmax JobPool=animations JobPostJobScript= JobPostTaskScript= JobPreJobScript= JobPreTaskScript= JobPriority=50 JobRequiredAssets= JobResumeOnCompleteDependencies=True JobResumeOnDeletedDependencies=False JobResumeOnFailedDependencies=False JobScheduledDays=1 JobScheduledStartDateTime=Jan 01/01 00:00:00 JobScheduledType=None JobScriptDependencies= JobSecondaryPool= JobSequentialJob=False JobStartedDateTime=Sep 19/13 11:22:54 JobStatus=Completed JobSubmitDateTime=Sep 19/13 11:20:41 JobSubmitMachine=WIN7X64 JobSuppressEvents=False JobSynchronizeAllAuxiliaryFiles=False JobTaskCount=11 JobTaskTimeoutSeconds=0 JobUseJobEnvironmentOnly=False JobUserName=owenm LastFrame=10 LastWriteTime=Sep 20/13 11:48:41 LimitGroupLastWriteTime=Jan 01/01 00:00:00 LimitGroups= LimitTasksToNumberOfCpus=True ListedSlaves= LogReportFileNames= LogReportLastWriteTime=Jan 01/01 00:00:00 MachineLimit=0 MachineLimitProgress=-1 MaintenanceJob=False MaintenanceJobEndFrame=0 MaintenanceJobStartFrame=0 MinRenderTime=00:00:00 MinRenderTimeSeconds=0 Name=test NotificationEmails= NotificationNote= NotificationTargets=owenm OnJobComplete=Nothing OnTaskTimeout=Error OutputDirectories= OutputFileNames= OverrideJobFailureDetection=False OverrideNotificationMethod=False OverrideTaskFailureDetection=False PendingChunks=0 PluginDataFileName=test.max PluginDataFileSize=13262848 PluginInfoDictionary=Version=2014,IsMaxDesign=0,Padding=4,RemovePadding=0,IgnoreMissingExternalFiles=1,IgnoreMissingUVWs=1,IgnoreMissingDLLs=0,IgnoreMissingXREFs=1,DisableMultipass=0,LocalRendering=1,OneCpuPerTask=0,UseSlaveMode=1,UseSilentMode=0,PopupHandling=1,IncludeLocalPaths=0,RenderStateSet=0,FrameNumberBase=0,RestartRendererMode=1,DisableProgressUpdateTimeout=0,OverrideFailOnExistingMaxProcess=false,FailOnExistingMaxProcess=false,Camera=Camera001,Camera0=,Camera1=Camera001,MaxVersionToForce=64bit,MaxVersionToForce0=none,MaxVersionToForce1=32bit,MaxVersionToForce2=64bit,FailOnBlackFrames=0,BlackPixelPercentage=1,BlackPixelThreshold=0.1,BlackFramesCheckRenderElements=0,IgnoreRenderElements=0,RenderOutput=C:\test.jpg,SaveFile=false,ShowFrameBuffer=0,OverrideBitmapPager=false,BitmapPager=false,RenderWidth=1280,RenderHeight=720,renderPixelAspect=1.0,rendAtmosphere=true,renderEffects=true,renderDisplacements=true,rendSimplifyAreaLights=false,rendForce2Side=false,rendHidden=false,rendColorCheck=false,rendSuperBlack=false,rendFieldRender=false,SkipRenderedFrames=false,backgroundColor=(color 91 91 91),useEnvironmentMap=false,ambientColor=(color 0 0 0),lightTintColor=(color 255 255 255),lightLevel=1.0,vray_imageSampler_type=1,vray_filter_on=true,vray_filter_kernel=Area:,vray_filter_size=1.5,vray_filter_paramA=0.0,vray_filter_paramB=0.0,vray_filter_paramC=0.0,vray_fixedRate_subdivs=1,vray_fixedRate_rand=false,vray_twoLevel_baseSubdivs=1,vray_twoLevel_fineSubdivs=3,vray_twoLevel_showSamples=false,vray_twoLevel_useDMCSamplerThresh=true,vray_twoLevel_threshold=0.01,vray_adaptiveSubdivision_minRate=-1,vray_adaptiveSubdivision_maxRate=2,vray_adaptiveSubdivision_threshold=0.1,vray_adaptiveSubdivision_rand=true,vray_adaptiveSubdivision_showSamples=false,vray_imageSampler_outline=false,vray_imageSampler_mtlID=false,vray_imageSampler_normal=false,vray_imageSamper_normal_threshold=0.05,vray_imageSampler_zvalue=false,vray_imageSampler_zvalue_threshold=5.0,vray_gi_on=false,vray_gi_refractCaustics=true,vray_gi_reflectCaustics=false,vray_gi_primary_type=0,vray_gi_primary_multiplier=1.0,vray_gi_secondary_type=2,vray_gi_secondary_multiplier=1.0,vray_gi_saturation=1.0,vray_gi_contrast=1.0,vray_gi_contrast_base=0.5,vray_gi_saveMapsPerFrame=true,vray_gi_ao_on=false,vray_gi_ao_amount=0.8,vray_gi_ao_radius=10.0,vray_gi_ao_subdivs=8,vray_gi_rayDistanceOn=false,vray_gi_rayDistance=100.0,vray_gi_irradmap_minRate=-3,vray_gi_irradmap_maxRate=0,vray_gi_irradmap_subdivs=50,vray_gi_irradmap_interpSamples=20,vray_gi_irradmap_colorThreshold=0.3,vray_gi_irradmap_normalThreshold=0.1,vray_gi_irradmap_distThreshold=0.1,vray_gi_irradmap_showSamples=false,vray_gi_irradmap_showCalcPhase=false,vray_gi_irradmap_showDirectLight=false,vray_gi_irradmap_preset=5,vray_adv_irradmap_interpolationType=1,vray_adv_irradmap_mode=0,vray_adv_irradmap_dontDelete=true,vray_adv_irradmap_loadFileName=undefined,vray_adv_irradmap_saveFileName=undefined,vray_adv_irradmap_calcInterpSamples=10,vray_adv_irradmap_useCurrentPassSamples=true,vray_adv_irradmap_autoSave=false,vray_adv_irradmap_autoSaveFileName=undefined,vray_adv_irradmap_switchToSavedMap=false,vray_adv_irradmap_randomize=true,vray_adv_irradmap_lookupType=3,vray_adv_irradmap_checkSampleVisibility=false,vray_adv_irradmap_limitSearchRange=false,vray_gi_irradmap_multipleViews=false,vray_gi_irradmap_blurGI=0.0,vray_gi_irradmap_detail_on=false,vray_gi_irradmap_detail_radius=60.0,vray_gi_irradmap_detail_subdivsMult=0.3,vray_gi_irradmap_detail_scale=0,vray_gi_irradmap_previewMode=2,vray_gi_irradmap_interpFrames=2,vray_caustics_on=false,vray_caustics_searchDist=5.0,vray_caustics_maxPhotons=60,vray_caustics_multiplier=1.0,vray_caustics_mode=0,vray_caustics_dontDelete=true,vray_caustics_loadFileName=undefined,vray_caustics_saveFileName=undefined,vray_caustics_autoSave=false,vray_caustics_autoSaveFileName=undefined,vray_caustics_switchToSavedMap=false,vray_caustics_maxDensity=0.0,vray_caustics_showCalcPhase=false,vray_environment_gi_on=false,vray_environment_gi_color=(color 204 229.5 255),vray_environment_gi_color_multiplier=1.0,vray_environment_gi_map=undefined,vray_environment_gi_map_on=true,vray_environment_rr_on=false,vray_environment_rr_color=(color 0 0 0),vray_environment_rr_color_multiplier=1.0,vray_environment_rr_map=undefined,vray_environment_rr_map_on=true,vray_environment_refract_on=false,vray_environment_refract_color=(color 0 0 0),vray_environment_refract_color_multiplier=1.0,vray_environment_refract_map=undefined,vray_environment_refract_map_on=true,vray_gbuffer_channelMask=0,vray_colorMapping_type=0,vray_colorMapping_darkMult=1.0,vray_colorMapping_brightMult=1.0,vray_colorMapping_gamma=2.2,vray_colorMapping_affectBackground=true,vray_colorMapping_clampOutput=false,vray_colorMapping_clampLevel=1.0,vray_colorMapping_subpixel=false,vray_colorMapping_adaptationOnly=2,vray_colorMapping_linearWorkflow=false,vray_camera_type=0,vray_camera_overrideFOV=false,vray_camera_fov=45.0,vray_camera_cyl_height=400.0,vray_camera_fish_autoDistance=true,vray_camera_fish_distance=2.0,vray_camera_fish_curve=1.0,vray_dof_on=false,vray_dof_distance=200.0,vray_dof_getFromCamera=false,vray_dof_shutter=5.0,vray_dof_subdivs=6,vray_dof_bias=0.0,vray_dof_sides_on=false,vray_dof_sides_num=5,vray_dof_sides_rotation=0.0,vray_dof_anisotropy=0.0,vray_moblur_on=false,vray_camera_motion_blur=true,vray_moblur_duration=1.0,vray_moblur_intervalCenter=0.5,vray_moblur_geomSamples=2,vray_moblur_prepassSamples=1,vray_moblur_dmc_minSamples=6,vray_moblur_geometryParticles=false,vray_moblur_bias=0.0,vray_system_distributedRender=false,vray_system_raycaster_maxLevels=80,vray_system_raycaster_minLeafSize=0.0,vray_system_raycaster_faceLevelCoeff=1.0,vray_system_raycaster_memLimit=4000,vray_system_instancedObjects=2,vray_system_raycaster_optLevel=0,vray_system_region_x=64,vray_system_region_y=64,vray_system_region_meaning=0,vray_system_region_sequence=4,vray_system_region_sequence_reverse=0,vray_system_previousRender=0,vray_system_region_lockSize=true,vray_system_frameStamp_on=false,vray_system_frameStamp_string=V-Ray %vrayversion | file: %filename | frame: %frame | primitives: %primitives | render time: %rendertime,vray_system_frameStamp_fullWidth=true,vray_system_frameStamp_justify=0,vray_system_workInCameraSpace=true,vray_system_checkForMissingFiles=false,vray_system_optimizedAtmospherics=false,vray_system_lowThreadPriority=false,vray_system_vrayLog_show=false,vray_system_vrayLog_level=3,vray_system_vrayLog_file=%TEMP%\VRayLog.txt,vray_system_vrayLog_ccToDebugger=false,vray_system_numThreads=0,vray_dmc_timeDependent=true,vray_dmc_importanceSampling=1.0,vray_dmc_earlyTermination_amount=0.85,vray_dmc_earlyTermination_threshold=0.01,vray_dmc_earlyTermination_minSamples=8,vray_dmc_subdivs_mult=1.0,vray_dmc_pathSampler_type=2,vray_photonMap_bounces=10,vray_photonMap_searchDist=20.0,vray_photonMap_autoDist=true,vray_photonMap_maxPhotons=30,vray_photonMap_convert=false,vray_photonMap_interpSamples=10,vray_photonMap_multiplier=1.0,vray_photonMap_convexHullEstimate=false,vray_photonMap_storeDirectLight=true,vray_photonMap_retraceCorners=0.0,vray_photonMap_retraceBounces=10,vray_photonMap_maxDensity=0.0,vray_photonMap_mode=0,vray_photonMap_loadFileName=undefined,vray_photonMap_saveFileName=undefined,vray_photonMap_dontDelete=true,vray_photonMap_autoSave=false,vray_photonMap_autoSaveFileName=undefined,vray_photonMap_switchToSavedMap=false,vray_photonMap_showCalcPhase=false,vray_options_displacement=true,vray_options_lights=true,vray_options_hiddenLights=true,vray_options_shadows=true,vray_options_defaultLights=2,vray_options_reflectionRefraction=true,vray_options_maps=true,vray_options_filterMaps=true,vray_options_transpMaxLevels=50,vray_options_transpCutoff=0.001,vray_options_dontRenderImage=false,vray_options_overrideMtl_on=false,vray_options_overrideMtl_mtl=undefined,vray_options_showGIOnly=false,vray_options_ray_bias=0.0,vray_options_glossyEffects=true,vray_options_geom_backfaceCull=false,vray_options_mtl_filterMaps_indirect=true,vray_options_useLegacyModels=false,vray_options_use3dsMaxPhotometricUnits=true,vray_output_on=true,vray_output_aspectlock=false,vray_output_imageaspect=1.33333,vray_output_width=640,vray_output_height=480,vray_output_aspect=1.0,vray_output_fileOnly=false,vray_output_saveFile=false,vray_output_fileName=,vray_output_saveRawFile=false,vray_output_rawFileName=undefined,vray_output_useram=true,vray_output_genpreview=false,vray_output_splitgbuffer=false,vray_output_splitfilename=undefined,vray_output_splitbitmap=undefined,vray_output_getsetsfrommax=true,vray_output_splitRGB=true,vray_output_splitAlpha=true,vray_output_renderType=0,vray_output_regxmin=0,vray_output_regxmax=0,vray_output_regymin=0,vray_output_regymax=0,vray_output_force32bit_3dsmax_vfb=false,vray_output_rawExrUseHalf=true,vray_displacement_overrideMax=true,vray_displacement_edgeLength=4.0,vray_displacement_viewDependent=true,vray_displacement_maxSubdivs=256,vray_displacement_tightBounds=true,vray_displacement_amount=1.0,vray_displacement_relative=true,vray_dmcgi_subdivs=8,vray_dmcgi_depth=3,vray_lightcache_subdivs=1000,vray_lightcache_sampleSize=0.02,vray_lightcache_filter_type=1,vray_lightcache_filter_size=0.04,vray_lightcache_bounces=100,vray_lightcache_showCalcPhase=0,vray_lightcache_storeDirectLight=1,vray_lightcache_multipleViews=false,vray_lightcache_scale=0,vray_lightcache_mode=0,vray_lightcache_retrace_on=false,vray_lightcache_retrace_threshold=1.0,vray_lightcache_loadFileName=undefined,vray_lightcache_saveFileName=undefined,vray_lightcache_interpSamples=10,vray_lightcache_prefilter_on=false,vray_lightcache_prefilter_samples=10,vray_lightcache_dontDelete=true,vray_lightcache_autoSave=false,vray_lightcache_autoSaveFileName=undefined,vray_lightcache_switchToSavedMap=false,vray_lightcache_useForGlossyRays=false,vray_lightcache_numPasses=8,vray_lightcache_adaptiveTracing=false,vray_lightcache_adaptiveTracing_dirsOnly=false,vray_lightcache_minPathsPerSample=16,vray_excludeListOverrideMtl=#(),vray_includeListOverrideMtl=undefined,vray_notUsed=1,vray_imageSampler_type_enums=Adaptive QMC,vray_imageSampler_type_enums0=Fixed Rate,vray_imageSampler_type_enums1=Adaptive QMC,vray_imageSampler_type_enums2=Adaptive Subdivision,vray_gi_primary_type_enums=Irradiance Map,vray_gi_primary_type_enums0=Irradiance Map,vray_gi_primary_type_enums1=Photon Map,vray_gi_primary_type_enums2=Quasi-Monte Carlo,vray_gi_primary_type_enums3=Light Cache,vray_gi_secondary_type_enums=Quasi-Monte Carlo,vray_gi_secondary_type_enums0=None,vray_gi_secondary_type_enums1=Photon Map,vray_gi_secondary_type_enums2=Quasi-Monte Carlo,vray_gi_secondary_type_enums3=Light Cache,vray_adv_irradmap_interpolationType_enums=Least squares fit (good/smooth),vray_adv_irradmap_interpolationType_enums0=Weighted Average (good/robust),vray_adv_irradmap_interpolationType_enums1=Least squares fit (good/smooth),vray_adv_irradmap_interpolationType_enums2=Delaunay triangulation (good/exact),vray_adv_irradmap_interpolationType_enums3=Least squares w/ Voronoi weights,vray_adv_irradmap_lookupType_enums=Density-based (best),vray_adv_irradmap_lookupType_enums0=Quad-balanced (good),vray_adv_irradmap_lookupType_enums1=Nearest (draft),vray_adv_irradmap_lookupType_enums2=Overlapping (very good/fast),vray_adv_irradmap_lookupType_enums3=Density-based (best),vray_system_region_sequence_enums=Triangulation,vray_system_region_sequence_enums0=Top->Bottom,vray_system_region_sequence_enums1=Left->Right,vray_system_region_sequence_enums2=Checker,vray_system_region_sequence_enums3=Spiral,vray_system_region_sequence_enums4=Triangulation,vray_system_region_sequence_enums5=Hilbert Curve,vray_system_frameStamp_justify_enums=Left,vray_system_frameStamp_justify_enums0=Left,vray_system_frameStamp_justify_enums1=Center,vray_system_frameStamp_justify_enums2=Right,QuickFixScript= PluginName=3dsmax Pool=animations PopupNotification=False PostJobScript= PostTaskScript= PreJobScript= PreTaskScript= Priority=50 Properties=Deadline.Jobs.JobProperties QueuedChunks=0 ReloadRenderer=False RenderingChunks=0 RequeueReportFileNames= RequeueReportLastWriteTime=Jan 01/01 00:00:00 RequiredAssets= ResumeOnCompleteDependencies=True ResumeOnDeletedDependencies=False ResumeOnFailedDependencies=False ScheduledDays=1 ScheduledLastDateTime=Jan 01/01 00:00:00 ScheduledStartDateTime=Jan 01/01 00:00:00 ScheduledType=None ScriptDependencies= SecondaryPool= SendJobErrorWarning=True SequentialJobFlag=False StartedDateTime=Sep 19/13 11:22:54 StartedDateTimeString=09/19/2013 11:22:54 Status=Completed SubmitDateTime=Sep 19/13 11:20:41 SubmitDateTimeString=09/19/2013 11:20:41 SubmitMachineName=WIN7X64 SubmitUserName=owenm SuppressEvents=False SuspendedChunks=0 SynchronizeAllAuxiliaryFiles=False TaskCount=11 TaskTimeout=00:00:00 TaskTimeoutSeconds=0 TileJob=False TileJobFrame=0 TileJobTileCount=0 TileJobTilesInX=0 TileJobTilesInY=0 UseJobEnvironmentOnly=False UserName=owenm WhitelistFlag=False

Here’s an updated script where the sorting seems to work properly now.

I don’t get this message. I don’t even see where favicon.ico is present in the Monitory.py script.

These should be fixed in the script now.

(a) “AuxillarySubmissionFileNames” will be removed in 6.1. It was legacy and isn’t used anymore.
(b) The comment date wasn’t being set correctly when being set at submission time. This will be fixed in 6.1.
© Another legacy properly. It will be removed in 6.1 (along with a few others).
(d) All properties prefixed with “Job” are meant to be used within the scripting API. These have been here since Deadline 5 or 5.1.
(e) See (d)
(f) See (d)
(g) Technically, it’s correct. This Properties object holds all the job properties in the database. Probably would be a good idea to just hide this property. :slight_smile:
(h) See (d)

Cheers,

Ryan I just tried your script and it still says “Error - Not a supported command.”

@Ryan - Yep, fixed, all working fine for me. The Pulse log displays the favicon.ico request. Never saw this back in v5 days:

Web Service - Web Service listening for requests... Web Service - Command: Monitor Web Service - Executing Monitor script... Web Service - Done executing Monitor script... Web Service - Web Service listening for requests... Web Service - Command: favicon.ico Web Service - Web Service listening for requests... Web Service - Command: Monitor Web Service - Executing Monitor script... Web Service - Done executing Monitor script... Web Service - Web Service listening for requests... Web Service - Command: favicon.ico Web Service - Web Service listening for requests... Web Service - Command: Monitor Web Service - Executing Monitor script... Web Service - Done executing Monitor script... Web Service - Web Service listening for requests... Web Service - Command: favicon.ico Web Service - Web Service listening for requests... Web Service - Command: Monitor Web Service - Executing Monitor script... Web Service - Done executing Monitor script... Web Service - Web Service listening for requests...

All I’m doing is executing the Monitor.py script via Google Chrome as my browser…must be Chrome making the request to Pulse?

@Gavin - sounds like “Pulse Settings” > “Allow Execution of Non-Script Commands” isn’t enabled for you? + restart Pulse :slight_smile:

Also, I had this a couple of times during testing. Might be wrong, but if I hit refresh on my chrome browser and then quickly try to shutdown Pulse app, I get a pop-up RED Error dialog saying:

"Hashtable.Enumerator: snapshot out of sync."

Solved it! I was putting the python script into the Pulse folder instead of the\Webservice folder.

Here’s Mike’s link. Posting this to see if this throws some kind of error:
Monitor.py.zip (2.8 KB)

The carry over from phpBB to Discourse seems to have locked it away somehow.

Still not working unfortunately

it’s not working for me as well… I get an " Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private." Error message

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences