AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline 3ds max 2022 python exception

Also wanted to add that I’ve seen issues with other apps and renderers where submitted chunks tends to convert tx on the first frame then fail renders on the second frame as the TX’s weren’t processed

That is super weird.
Simple scenes will render just fine on all nodes…
But as you can clearly tell that it’s caused by corona I will downgrade it to version 6 for testing.

Did you submit a support ticket?

Error 02 is missing ForestPack on n03-BEAST

2021/10/25 18:14:02 WRN: [10912] [01100] Missing dll: forestpackpro.dlo - Forest Color
2021/10/25 18:14:02 WRN: [10912] [01100] Missing dll: forestpackpro.dlo - Forest Pro
2021/10/25 18:14:02 WRN: [10912] [01100] Missing dll: mrmaterialattribs.gup - mental ray: material custom attribute
2021/10/25 18:14:02 ERR: [10912] [01100] Error loading file C:/ProgramData/Thinkbox/Deadline10/workers/n03-BEAST/jobsData/6176d636a1eb6da89ca4d115/01_Neuensc_LeLacMer_Aussenraum_061.max

Error 01 has loads of SSO errors on n02-BOMBER

2021-10-25 18:14:14: 0: INFO: Overriding render output: "K:\21_009 - LeLac Merlingen\7_Animation\2_Progress\Movie - AE\Render_ANIM_Scene_A_EXT\004\004_..jpg"

Error is missing Corona n04-BEAST

2021/10/25 18:07:00 WRN: [03800] [08500] Missing dll: coronamax2022.dlr - CoronaRenderer
2021/10/25 18:07:00 ERR: [03800] [08500] Error loading file C:/ProgramData/Thinkbox/Deadline10/workers/n04-BEAUTY/jobsData/6176d5ec0cdc2f794c3a834d/Untitled01.max

Hi anthony again!

Yes, I created a support ticket yesterday but they don’t seem to know what to do…

Thanks. Actually, that was my fault. On that specific node Forestpack was just deleted waiting to be reinstalled when I was doing that test.

I made sure now that everything is really on the same page.

• re-installed graphics drivers on all nodes.
  • tried different drivers if they would make a change.
  • For testing I downgraded to Corona Render 6, but its causing ofcourse additional issues.
  • Re-installed Corona Render 7.
  • Every node is fully up to date.

I’m not using plugins besides itoo Forestpack and Xsmp/sigershaders materials. Forestpack is also installed on all nodes with latest versions.

In a simple test scene using both plugins every node but BEAST works fine.

Beast will print out two different error logs now:

As one Err message indicated that there might be a issue with the backburner (which isn’t used in latest deadline, right?.. still)

I installed the latest backburner and it was never that easy to make backburner work. Just works. Everything on all nodes just renders.
It’s an incredible feeling, but its on the backburner.

Just tells me the issue is really not on 3dsmax / plugins / scripts / assets side.

Getting one reply every 2-3 days from the support is really insufficient.

1 Like

For the moment I’m just happy I can render with the good old Backburner.
Deadline caused me so much headache lately.

Have to really see if I’m going to update my deadline license.

All 4 nodes running hot.

Hi all,
we just upgraded our farm yesterday from version 10.1.14.5 to 10.1.19.4 in order to prep for an upgrade to 3dsmax 2022 and were always getting the same errors on “complex” scenes (anything that was not just a camera, a sun and a box).
We had to role back and now it’s working like a charm again.

The error is different though. See report

We’re currently using 3dsmax 2019 (21.3.0.3250), Corona 7 (hotfix 1).

Let me know if you have any questions or need more logs etc.

Thanks!

Chris

The error is coming from MaxScript:
Exception caught in 3ds max: -- Syntax error: at bad, expected <factor>

Do you have custom scripts running? Or it might be Lightning/some other plugin.

1 Like

Yes that is what I thought too. We have a custom submitter script that has worked super smoothly for years until this update. I also submitted a job through the SMTD and that errors out the same way when trying to render.

I believe that if it was a submitter issue, the error would happen on submission and not while trying to render in the queue, correct?

Chris

Yes that is correct. But MaxScript gets executed also on the farm while rendering - e.g. Lightning.

1 Like

I see. Other than the submitter, everything we run on deadline is default so I don’t believe this is something that would be triggered by our specific system.

I’ll look into it some more though.

Chris

Hi all,

Following up on this. Are we the only ones having problems with this version of deadline?

I would like to make sure that our repository and its options are not the issue. Since the repository is used in production, I can’t really test it during the day.
Can I install 2 repositories on the same machine so I have a fresh clean install of the new repository or will this create conflicts?
If not, I’ll just install a clean repository on a new machine to test things out.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi ChristopheC,

no you are not alone.
I made a new post about the submitting problem.

1 Like

@christopheC @johan_belmans

Yep, same issue with Max2022 Corona7 and 10.1.19.4 test repo.

Submitted a ticket yesterday about it and support came back saying it looks like an error in Customize.ms in the Max plugin, but it needs to be referred to the engineering team to fix.

2 Likes

Hi all,
same answer for me after submitting a ticket, I did more tests yesterday and sent them the below:

FYI I had a quick chat on the phone today an AWS support team member (for another problem we were having) and we discussed this issue.

As per his recommendation I installed the latest repository and client on a spare machine, I submitted 2 different jobs from the default Deadline submitter (not our custom one) on this machine and got the same error one one of them. (see attached the logs)

I also submitted that failing job with the 3dsmaxcmd script and it worked fine,

So I guess there is something in that one file that Deadline doesn’t like. I removed everything in that scene (so now it’s an empty 3dsmax file) and after submitting the job to Deadline I’m still getting the same error, I attached that scene to this email so you can hopefully replicate the issue on your end.

Link to the job report and 3dsmax file:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tT13_rsoJ6ynXk367ano1Y_H8XLUv76k?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Chris

1 Like

Has anyone had any luck making it work?
I heard back from the support and they are trying to reproduce the issue but no timing on a fix.

Chris

OK I just did another test and it turns out that if I reset Corona then the bug doesn’t happen.
I’m guessing that it may be only on scenes that were created with an previous version of Corona. I’m not quite sure. I hope that helps, please let me know.

Thanks!

Chris

1 Like

Hi Chris,

I confirm that it helps for problematic scenes to make use of the Corona “Reset settings” button.
I have tested it on a couple of files, so far without any issues.

1 Like

Hi All,

I’m having the same problem. Max 2022, Corona 7. Deadline 10.1.18.4
I tried resetting Corona, but it did not worked for me.

Now I’m trying to downgrade to 10.16.9. or should I upgrade to 10.1.19.4 to make it work?
Submittting from monitor works but it won’t use the render region I set up.
If I submit it with monitor/3dsmax/commandline it’s okay but than max restarts for every frame.

Thanks for any help.

With 10.1.16.9 you are safe.
We are still on 10.1.19.4 and so far with the Corona “Reset settings” option it all goes fine.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences